• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCTF2: The Broken side of MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Since the MCTF2 website is pretty much a ghost town, I am posting this here. Devs: What are you DOING?! MCTF2 has been begging for the new pluggin for the past eternity, and from the looks of it, MCSG is perfect right now. Some of you may not play MCTF2, so let me explain the situation: MCTF2 is unplayable half the time; it hasn't gotten an update in several months; and it clocks in at about 1 full server per day. Meanwhile, MCSG has about 200 full servers, no lag, and is pretty much flawless as far as I know. So the only question that remains is: if MCSG is fine and MCTF2 is losing players in boatloads, what are the devs doing and why aren't they fixing this "community" (if you want to call it that)

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Although the MCSG servers are the leading servers of the MCSG community, the developers do take note of the MCTF2 servers. These developers are very busy ensuring that everything is going smoothly on the forums and in the servers. I understand that you are stressed but do note that the staff are trying. Perhaps you could message a developer directly and and tell him/her the problem.

Sorry if I may came off as rude.

Good luck!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think they've been focusing on making MCSG as good as possible, it is by far the most popular game mode. Maybe they'll work on it sometime. I don't know what to tell you.

Leech

Career
Reaction score
Since the MCTF2 website is pretty much a ghost town, I am posting this here. Devs: What are you DOING?! MCTF2 has been begging for the new pluggin for the past eternity, and from the looks of it, MCSG is perfect right now. Some of you may not play MCTF2, so let me explain the situation: MCTF2 is unplayable half the time; it hasn't gotten an update in several months; and it clocks in at about 1 full server per day. Meanwhile, MCSG has about 200 full servers, no lag, and is pretty much flawless as far as I know. So the only question that remains is: if MCSG is fine and MCTF2 is losing players in boatloads, what are the devs doing and why aren't they fixing this "community" (if you want to call it that)

Damn this guy knows what he is talking about, as an EX MCTF2 Mod, i tottaly agree, nobody could do their "Jobs" over there and it was pointless, the servers are constantly laggy, the plugin is so broke, its unplayable, its just sitting in the corner of the hub. its not really publicised, and its just loosing all its players, and not making an income to the servers, cause nobody wants to donate to broken stuff.... I agree with you sire

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Although the MCSG servers are the leading servers of the MCSG community, the developers do take note of the MCTF2 servers. These developers are very busy ensuring that everything is going smoothly on the forums and in the servers. I understand that you are stressed but do note that the staff are trying. Perhaps you could message a developer directly and and tell him/her the problem.

Sorry if I may came off as rude.

Good luck!
I understand what you're saying. Yes, MCSG is the leading servers of MCGamer, and I really like MCSG. But have you seen what people are saying on the MCTF2 forums? The people who haven't left the servers are raging about how the devs don't care about them anymore. http://www.mctf2.com/threads/suggestions-for-mcgamer.2702/

That is pretty much the reason why I feel like the devs should be working on MCTF2 a bit more considering MCSG is in good shape.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Before I was re-modded here, I was moderator over at MCTF2 and I can tell you that they are working on the plugin. I have tested the plugin. Yes development is taking a long time, because their main focus has always been on MCSG. Now their focus is on the hub, as many people know, it can get very laggy there.
The developers are also busy with rl. Sub runs cubedhost, Florian has school (I think I'm right there, don't know much about him xD ) So with all these projects going on, it will take a while. All we ask is that you are patient.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait :)

thebasicbrick

Spectator
Reaction score
Before I was re-modded here, I was moderator over at MCTF2 and I can tell you that they are working on the plugin. I have tested the plugin. Yes development is taking a long time, because their main focus has always been on MCSG. Now their focus is on the hub, as many people know, it can get very laggy there.
The developers are also busy with rl. Sub runs cubedhost, Florian has school (I think I'm right there, don't know much about him xD ) So with all these projects going on, it will take a while. All we ask is that you are patient.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait :)
That's what all the mods say, and is it true? No, the devs aren't working on mctf2, there working on mcsg.

I think they've been focusing on making MCSG as good as possible, it is by far the most popular game mode. Maybe they'll work on it sometime. I don't know what to tell you.
They moved my favorite server and community into this train wreck. There is no fixing that.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
That's what all the mods say, and is it true? No, the devs aren't working on mctf2, there working on mcsg.
First off its "they're".
Secondly, yes they give MCSG and the hub attention, but they are also working on the plugin, like I said before, I personally tested the plugin with several other mods.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
First off its "they're".
Secondly, yes they give MCSG and the hub attention, but they are also working on the plugin, like I said before, I personally tested the plugin with several other mods.
Okay, then you guys should consider an open beta. Right now, the servers are pretty much dead, and that could be enough to turn things around.

thebasicbrick

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, then you guys should consider an open beta. Right now, the servers are pretty much dead, and that could be enough to turn things around.
Yes open beta, then we will believe the what the mods say. Right now, I'm not buying it.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Yes open beta, then we will believe the what the mods say. Right now, I'm not buying it.
Sounds kind of childish how you refuse to believe a moderator's word when he says they are working on an improved plugin for MCTF2. If our staff says that they are working on a new plugin, why not believe them? Why would they lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci