- Oct 22, 2012
- Reaction score
IF THERE IS ANY SORT OF OVERPOWERED ITEM ON A MAP THAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED ON TO MCSG WITHOUT THE TRIAL OF A DIFFICULT TASK AND OR PROBLEM SOLVING A REDSTONE CONTRAPTION, THE ITEM WILL BE REMOVED AND ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MAP WILL RECEIVE A PROPER PUNISHMENT.
This guide includes information on:
- Map Sizes
- Deathmatch Arenas
- Multiple Cornucopias
- Tips on getting your map approved
There has been confusion over the size of how big maps should be. Some maps go under the recommended size, some go way over, and this is where we clear it up.
- 24 player maps must have a minimum radius of 200.
- 48 player maps must have a minimum radius of 500.
Lately, when playing on maps, you are teleported back to the cornucopia for deathmatch. Due to a new plug-in feature, map makers may now use an alternate arena for deathmatch.
- Ensure that it is not possible to escape.
- Keep it around the size of your cornucopia.
- You can have it in a closed-off area of the map, or outside of the dome.
Maps may now have more than one cornucopia. This can be as many as you wish, even if it is 24 for each player. However, it needs to look neat and work well.
Tips on getting your map approved
- Have plenty of terraforming and buildings, and ensure that you have it perfected before submitting.
- Make plenty of chests and spread them out so that they don't favor teaming. Make some effort to hide and make them look natural.
- Map makers can build whatever they want as long as maps do not favor player(s) over others.
- For more information on how to organize your thread, check out ShaunDepro's guide.
Is there something else you want explained? Just reply to the thread here with all the details needed, and it will be added to the list if appropriate.