• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Making my first PC, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
So... I want to make a new computer! But I don't know anything about computers, so I need help to make a solid one that can run minecraft smoothly and perfectly! What computer parts would you recommend me to get? What processor, ram, and all the other stuff! Maximum price:$1,500!

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
How much FPS do you need? I mean, 1500 $ is a lot for a computer, unless you want an OP monster.

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
How much FPS do you need? I mean, 1500 $ is a lot for a computer, unless you want an OP monster.
Currently I have like 5-6000 dollars where half of the money I am allowed to use on anything I want. (The rest of the money will go to car/license)

I don't know how much fps, but definitely enough to record with fraps with high settings without getting ANY lag

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Currently I have like 5-6000 dollars where half of the money I am allowed to use on anything I want. (The rest of the money will go to car/license)

I don't know how much but enough to record with fraps with high settings
FPS?

Reaction score
The processor you select is totally up to you and whatever fits your budget. What I will tell you though is get either a Core i7 or Core i5. Go with the i5 if you just want nothing but absolute gaming. The i7 is good for both gaming, and rendering out videos at a fast rate. I prefer to go with 16GB of RAM or more, seeing that you want to run Minecraft very fast you can allocate some RAM to the game to prevent frame drops or lag. I have two sites to suggest to you for custom built PC's. Try http://www.ibuypower.com and http://www.cyberpowerpc.com Hope this helps! ;)

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Read my reply :p I edited it
Well, while recording, 65 is perfect, at least for me.
I7-Processor for sure, at least 14 gigs of ram, not too keen on graphics cards (Help me out here)... and 2 terrabytes of memory space should last you awhile. My computer isn't custom built, I got it for about 850$ and it runs Minecraft very well. You should be fine with those specs

BoostMeGaming

Diamond
Reaction score

I don't know how much fps, but definitely enough to record with fraps with high settings without getting ANY lag
I am now jealous, I can't even afford a 1000 dollar computer. ;(

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, while recording, 65 is perfect, at least for me.
I7-Processor for sure, at least 14 gigs of ram, not too keen on graphics cards (Help me out here)... and 2 terrabytes of memory space should last you awhile. My computer isn't custom built, I got it for about 850$ and it runs Minecraft very well. You should be fine with those specs
The $1,300 laptop I currently use gets 50-70 fps when recording but lags like hell! When I'm not recording my minecraft runs smoothly with up to 150 fps. So the only reason why I want a new computer is so that I can start uploading on YouTube something I've been wanting to do for ages!

EDIT: If someone can find a way I can record good quality game footage without getting so much lag as I do, I would love you FOREVER and I wouldn't need a new computer!

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
The $1,300 laptop I currently use gets 50-70 fps when recording but lags like hell! When I'm not recording my minecraft runs smoothly with up to 150 fps. So the only reason why I want a new computer is so that I can start uploading on YouTube something I've been wanting to do for ages!

EDIT: If someone can find a way I can record good quality game footage without getting so much lag as I do, I would love you FOREVER and I wouldn't need a new computer!
How much Ram does it have? How much space left on your computer? I have a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci