• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is 12 months too long?

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi all,Killer here. Today I'm asking for your opinions on the 12 month wait for applying for moderator. This topic has a personal connection for me as I was banned in early October. Now you may think, don't do something stupid enough to break the rules. However in October I didn't really know the rules all that well. Sadly I made a joke about hacking. Now after appealing I found out that was actually against the rules(ruff days). However it has been 4 months. I have changed into a nobody into a helpful community member that people respect and recognise. Now to further help the community I would love to apply for moderator however I have to wait 7-8 months. Who knows what I will be doing on 7-8 months. Maybe have different waiting times for applying for moderator for different offences. Making a joke should not be punished for a year.

Just my personal opinion.

P.s. Sorry there are no paragraphs I'm on my phone and for some reason it won't let me.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Eh, it took me a while to become a moderator, mostly because half the time I was too young, and the other half I wasn't really a mature person. Either way, it had taken me 13 months to finally become a moderator after sending in my first application. Time seemed to have gone fast, now that I think of it.....

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Eh, it took me a while to become a moderator, mostly because half the time I was too young, and the other half I wasn't really a mature person. Either way, it had taken me 13 months to finally become a moderator after sending in my first application. Time seemed to have gone fast, now that I think of it.....
I understand patience is a key virtue however do you believe waiting 12 months is a fair time to wait for such a minor offence?

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I understand patience is a key virtue however do you believe waiting 12 months is a fair time to wait for such a minor offence?
It really depends on the type of person you are. If you have had to be patient for many things, say sacrificing on not buying a computer to wait half a year for new and better parts, then I guess these 12 months won't be that bad for you.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
It use to be permanent, so 1 year is definitely better than what it was before. I do think, however, that 1 year may still be a little excessive. Nevertheless, 4 months wouldn't be enough. Honestly, I think it shouldn't be based solely on time. What if it was 6 months, and you have to show that you've reformed your old ways by helping out in the community and making report abuses?

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
It use to be permanent, so 1 year is definitely better than what it was before. I do think, however, that 1 year may still be a little excessive. Nevertheless, 4 months wouldn't be enough. Honestly, I think it shouldn't be based solely on time. What if it was 6 months, and you have to show that you've reformed your old ways by helping out in the community and making report abuses?
That sounds like a great idea. However to refer to my case. Its not like I've done something bad. There isn't much for me to show that I have reformed my old ways.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Wait it out, in the end, it is punishment.

But 12 months of playing a network only to get mod? nty im quitin soon

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If we lower it any more than 12 months, than there isn't much reason for your punishment. Say you only have to wait a month. You abuse someone, then a month later you can apply for mod. You haven't grown much, matured much, and you most likely haven't learned from your mistakes. You'll still be the same person you were when you abused another user, but you'll have a fancy red name and powers to kick and mute people.

Uh ohhh, that doesn't sound like fun.

I believe 12 months is about the shortest time period I would go for to wait in order to become staff here after being banned. Be glad we instated this at all, because you used to have to get it disputed if you wanted to become on our staff team, and if you truly broke the rule getting that disputed would be quite the challenge.

Now to further help the community I would love to apply for moderator however I have to wait 7-8 months. Who knows what I will be doing on 7-8 months.
Most moderators are on our staff team from 4-10 months. If you are only going to be here for another 5-7 months, then what's the point in applying anyway for moderator if you're just going to quit shortly after? This wait period is meant to show dedication and that you were able to mature and learn from the mistakes you made.

Just be glad there is a shorted wait time in the first place c:

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
If we lower it any more than 12 months, than there isn't much reason for your punishment. Say you only have to wait a month. You abuse someone, then a month later you can apply for mod. You haven't grown much, matured much, and you most likely haven't learned from your mistakes. You'll still be the same person you were when you abused another user, but you'll have a fancy red name and powers to kick and mute people.

I believe 12 months is about the shortest time period I would go for to wait in order to become staff here after being banned. Be glad we instated this at all, because you used to have to get it disputed if you wanted to become on our staff team, and if you truly broke the rule getting that disputed would be quite the challenge.

Most moderators are on our staff team from 4-10 months. If you are only going to be here for another 5-7 months, then what's the point in applying anyway for moderator if you're just going to quit shortly after? This wait period is meant to show dedication and that you were able to mature and learn from the mistakes you made.

Im not sure if this is only me however if you become moderator on a server you become addicted to it. Dictate most of your time to it. I wouldn't plan to quit If I had a purpose in the community. However im saying for my offence I didn't exactly break a very bad rule. I admitted to hacks. I wasn't abusing someone or hacking. I was just having a friendly joke. I personally believe in my case that having to wait 12 months doesn't really help at all. However for other cases e.g. hacking, being abusive, staff disrespect, being racist then this is where the 12 months come in. So the punishment will truly dawn on you. You will have to learn from your mistakes.

Quavel

Diamond
Reaction score

But he said in his case that he has done nothing wrong, so why should he wait it out for joking about hacking? Tons of people actually hack, they dont get this type of punishment. I find this a bit annoying for myself to think that he hasn't got the right to apply, considering he is a big member of the community :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci