• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Initial Thoughts on MCSG Maker

Are you excitedto play/do you like this new game mode?

• I love it!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • It's nice.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'm not a big fan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
After testing about 4-5 games of MCSG Maker, I really think this is a great way to play with your friends privately and have a great time! It really shows the extent at which our Developers can go, hopefully sparking new ideas for more and more game modes!

Here's the rundown.... MCSG Maker is a new way for players to create a private MCSG game and invite their friends to play with them! They are able to mutate the game in ways and change it to their liking. Mutators include, but are not limited to;
  • Chest Tiering
  • Grace periods
  • Regenerating health (or the lack there of)
  • etc.
Now, one of the big questions. Do these games count towards my stats and points? The answer is no and yes. These games do not show up as wins/losses on your stats, however, you do get points for your kills.

This new game type will help a lot with Clan battles and tournaments! I think this will be a fun experience for all of the MCGamer community and I really hope that it is enjoyed!

Remember that MCSG Maker is a new game mode, so please alert any Staff member about bugs on it.

Thank you all, have a nice day and a fun play!

Pizi

Tribute
Reaction score
After testing about 4-5 games of MCSG Maker, I really think this is a great way to play with your friends privately and have a great time! It really shows the extent at which our Developers can go, hopefully sparking new ideas for more and more game modes!

Here's the rundown.... MCSG Maker is a new way for players to create a private MCSG game and invite their friends to play with them! They are able to mutate the game in ways and change it to their liking. Mutators include, but are not limited to;
  • Chest Tiering
  • Grace periods
  • Regenerating health (or the lack there of)
  • etc.
Now, one of the big questions. Do these games count towards my stats and points? The answer is no and yes. These games do not show up as wins/losses on your stats, however, you do get points for your kills.

This new game type will help a lot with Clan battles and tournaments! I think this will be a fun experience for all of the MCGamer community and I really hope that it is enjoyed!

Remember that MCSG Maker is a new game mode, so please alert any Staff member about bugs on it.

Thank you all, have a nice day and a fun play!
Hello,
I would like to ask you about something concerning this new MCSG Maker gamemode. First of all, I would like to say that I love it! It's really awesome and especially the whole aspect of clan wars is pretty amazing in my opinion! Although, my main question is:
If i go alone or with 1 other friend in that server, so we could test some stuff out around the map, mess around or even have some 1v1's whenever we want. Can that be an option? I went into a game alone that I created (I am Quantum Donor) and I wanted to just run around the map, maybe find out some new tier 2's since I had the time and I was alone in an SG map, but when the timer ended I instantly won. Could you maybe implement if there could be a deathmatch or not, or something along those lines? (I am pretty sure that's not what must happend but I think you get my point).

So yea I just thought that would be a cool idea to implement something like that, which will help people that don't know the maps maybe find a route! So basically more maps will get played since more people will have routes and can enjoy the quality of the MCSG maps better! Anyway, that's just my opinion. I thank you for taking the time to read what had to say, have an amazing day!

Regards,
~Chris [Pizi]

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to ask you about something concerning this new MCSG Maker gamemode. First of all, I would like to say that I love it! It's really awesome and especially the whole aspect of clan wars is pretty amazing in my opinion! Although, my main question is:
If i go alone or with 1 other friend in that server, so we could test some stuff out around the map, mess around or even have some 1v1's whenever we want. Can that be an option? I went into a game alone that I created (I am Quantum Donor) and I wanted to just run around the map, maybe find out some new tier 2's since I had the time and I was alone in an SG map, but when the timer ended I instantly won. Could you maybe implement if there could be a deathmatch or not, or something along those lines? (I am pretty sure that's not what must happend but I think you get my point).

So yea I just thought that would be a cool idea to implement something like that, which will help people that don't know the maps maybe find a route! So basically more maps will get played since more people will have routes and can enjoy the quality of the MCSG maps better! Anyway, that's just my opinion. I thank you for taking the time to read what had to say, have an amazing day!

Regards,
~Chris [Pizi]
I think this is a great idea! I will definitely bring it up to some other Staff members.

Have a great day!

Pizi

Tribute
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea! I will definitely bring it up to some other Staff members.

Have a great day!
Thanks! ^.^

I would also like to report a problem that is most likely a bug.
You see, i created a few games just to test the cool new stuff out with my friends and had fun as they count as unranked. But when i won my friend checked his stat page and he saw that the game actually did count and he got pretty mad at me since he cares about his stats. I told him this is not my fault as it clearly states that MCSG Maker games count as unranked and therefore do not count towards your stats as you can clearly see here:

But the matches actually did count as you can see by this:

Furthermore, please do your best to fix this bug (close the gamemode even, if you have to) before players start to abuse this with alts for their stats. This would result in..... God knows what to be honest...
Anyway, i thank you all for reading what i had to say, and hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Regards,
-Chris [Pizi]

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
Thanks! ^.^

I would also like to report a problem that is most likely a bug.
You see, i created a few games just to test the cool new stuff out with my friends and had fun as they count as unranked. But when i won my friend checked his stat page and he saw that the game actually did count and he got pretty mad at me since he cares about his stats. I told him this is not my fault as it clearly states that MCSG Maker games count as unranked and therefore do not count towards your stats as you can clearly see here:

But the matches actually did count as you can see by this:

Furthermore, please do your best to fix this bug (close the gamemode even, if you have to) before players start to abuse this with alts for their stats. This would result in..... God knows what to be honest...
Anyway, i thank you all for reading what i had to say, and hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Regards,
-Chris [Pizi]
Thank you so much for reporting this to us. I will alert a Sr. Moderator about it immediately.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
As said above, this is intended behavior; the game itself will still be recorded on your stats, however it does not affect your wins/losses/kills/etc in any way at all, as you can see by comparing the numbers on your leaderboard profile before and after a MCSG Maker game.

Pizi

Tribute
Reaction score
As said above, this is intended behavior; the game itself will still be recorded on your stats, however it does not affect your wins/losses/kills/etc in any way at all, as you can see by comparing the numbers on your leaderboard profile before and after a MCSG Maker game.
Yup. Thank you very much! :) Btw sir Devin, Lunarist has been a very helpful mod, one of the most helpful to be honest. I just wanted to tell you that he is a very nice mod :)

Sebbbb

Platinum
Reaction score
This is seriously an amazing update. It is very helpful for clans to use to practice and scrimmage. Also, it's fun for just a group of friends to play. Thank you for such a cool new game mode that I'm sure the whole community will enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci