• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I am disappointed...

Are you disappointed?

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I didn't read this thread

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
Before this thread gets deleted, or something, I agree 100% with you Alyssa :)
I haven't been forum trained yet so I can't know 100% but I see nothing wrong with this thread.

//

I'm scared too Alyssa. Three days is an awfully long time. I'm scared that the server has been down for so long but i'm not scared to share my opinion. I can't speak for the entire staff team but I have a feeling that we are all scared to share what we really think. We are scared of demotion. But when I applied for this server, I agreed to the following agreement:

I, Remy Di Mauro, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in a demotion, permanent ban from the network, or removal from the website. I also agree that by donating my time I am not entitled to compensation of any form nor am I to expect promotion.

I have put one phrase in particular in bold because of its importance. My job of watching over the MCG community should include keeping it safe for all users, keeping it fun and enjoyable and making sure everyone can express themselves freely. If we are in constant fear of demotion, how can we do our job of watching over the mcgamer community.

I could sit here and tell you all day that we have notified the devs or that it will be fixed soon. But to be honest, we don't know much more than you do. We have told the senior staff that its down and thats all we can do. We are simply told back, there will be an announcement when there is an update.

What was such a good community has now been smashed into an in-the-dark staff team and an in-the-dark community.

The staff team is called "the backbone" of the mcgamer network. There's no reason for a backbone if there is no head.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I could write a lot about how I agree here. About how after my first login after 2 years I have seen such a change, because I did, or the fact that 2 years ago, the devs and Chad DID seem like a part of this community, because they did, or the fact that the amount of players leaving compared the amount of players joining, (It seems almost alien now) is worrying in its supposed rapid decline.

But I suppose the reality is that things have changed. Things are changing. They say to try and stop change is to try and stop the impossible, but who says we cant change the change, make it for the better, not for the direction it is undoubtedly rocketing down.

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
I haven't been forum trained yet so I can't know 100% but I see nothing wrong with this thread.

//

I'm scared too Alyssa. Three days is an awfully long time. I'm scared that the server has been down for so long but i'm not scared to share my opinion. I can't speak for the entire staff team but I have a feeling that we are all scared to share what we really think. We are scared of demotion. But when I applied for this server, I agreed to the following agreement:

I, Remy Di Mauro, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in a demotion, permanent ban from the network, or removal from the website. I also agree that by donating my time I am not entitled to compensation of any form nor am I to expect promotion.

I have put one phrase in particular in bold because of its importance. My job of watching over the MCG community should include keeping it safe for all users, keeping it fun and enjoyable and making sure everyone can express themselves freely. If we are in constant fear of demotion, how can we do our job of watching over the mcgamer community.

I could sit here and tell you all day that we have notified the devs or that it will be fixed soon. But to be honest, we don't know much more than you do. We have told the senior staff that its down and thats all we can do. We are simply told back, there will be an announcement when there is an update.

What was such a good community has now been smashed into an in-the-dark staff team and an in-the-dark community.

The staff team is called "the backbone" of the mcgamer network. There's no reason for a backbone if there is no head.
100% agree with you Remy :( sucks how much worse it's getting tbh

LoganPvPsQUIK

Survivor
Reaction score
We've all been disappointed for a while now. That's why we just leave. Positive suggestions and ideas from the community are not heard and are treated with no respect. Can't do anything, so you say gg and leave.
Every time i see one of your posts i couldnt agree more. thats basically what i did. i saw this community turning to absolute garbage and realized that its not going to last much longer, so i left.

Chandelle

Career
Reaction score
I have to agree, Alyssa. It's very disappointing how it's come to this.
For a long time, I loved this server and put so much of my energy into trying to help make it a better place, as I know you did too, along with many others. So many people have dedicated a lot of time and energy to this place, and when it was at its best, we had the greatest of times. So many memories were made here and we've met so many amazing people in the process.

That said, it wasn't all sunshine and roses. Working here (and even just being a member of the community) was extremely stressful at times. It was worth it though, for the time we had here. Those late nights doing interviews or just hanging around playing SG were great.

I've seen it coming for a while now that the server has been headed downhill, as have most people. As sad as it is, I made my peace with that when I decided to resign from the staff team and distance myself. I still pop my head in every now and then to see if things are still running, but that's mainly it.

I would not be surprised if the servers don't come back up, or if they close for good before the end of the year. I also would not be surprised if no announcement about it is even made.
At this point, I think it's time to just move on. We've made some fantastic memories, but this whole experience seems to have run its course due to a lot of the issues and disappointments you wrote about.
Either way, I'm thankful for those good memories and the friendships we made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci