• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I am disappointed...

Are you disappointed?

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I didn't read this thread

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Personally, I am disappointed with many things. Many things that I will express in this thread today...

Firstly, I am disappointed in the community.
Now people may yell at their screen or be wondering why I said that. But here's my reasoning. I am disappointed in the community because all I see is "this server is dying", or continuous comments on how they hate MCGamer etc. etc. Honestly I am sitting here basically thinking a lot of the same, but I am not saying it because I am completely against the server, I'm saying it because I love the server and it is something that I don't want to happen. The server dying, or being bought by somewhere else, or just overall falling off the face of the earth, are all things I don't want to happen. I know that some of these things are inevitable, but that doesn't mean I believe in it. I am disappointed in those community members that all they are staying here for is to see the server crash and burn, in a time that is known by many that it is struggling. Rather than continuously put it down, I almost want to mourn for it.

I am disappointed in the staff.
Frankly, a lot of the staff haven't done anything wrong, and all they are doing is what they should be doing. But I did say 'a lot of' not 'all of'. Now I kind of see that many in power don't necessarily appear to be doing what they should be. I see the rising problems of the forums such as spambots. An issue that has been going on since the beginning of the forums. However, it has dramatically gotten worse since the start of the year. Now I kind of believe that a simple solution may be giving moderators power to spam clean, or making it a priority to those on at this hour to remove any of these threads that are being posted. Spambots are so prevalent at the moment, that it is almost a tradition to have on the forums every day. I get the vibe from many staff members that they don't care a lot. I get a pre-recorded responses to why the server is down, and I feel like answers to any questions are so scripted with not a lot of passion. Like, I know I was staff and I gave those responses to applications etc. But I feel like with some questions or concerns you need to put a bit of care and casualness into the answer. Otherwise it looks pre-written with no care at all, which makes me disappointed.

I am disappointed in Chad.
I know a lot of people may agree with this statement, as I am not the first to say it. I left the team knowing that he didn't care at all. I honestly believe that the short paragraph that he wrote about AU shutting down didn't have any care, at all, for the AU community. I mean obviously because "most AU players play on US anyway so we aren't loosing much" (I mean his words not mine). Anyway... I am disappointed in him because the server has currently be down for at least 3 days, and all we have been told is that "there was an issue with the hubs not being there". With the server being down for so long you would think there would be an announcement from Chad or at least a developer, with the issue and reassurance that the server will be okay. Have we heard anything? No.
Something I find intriguing though, that when joining the server it went from "can't connect to hub" to "database is down" to "can't connect to server". Something to think about I guess.
So I am disappointed with Chad, because not only is he inactive on the forums, but he is inactive as a whole.

With the server being down for so long, it almost feels as an indication that it isn't going to come back up. I mean is that what's going to happen? Is the server going to be down forever and we will just never be told? I don't know, but with the way it's going that's the way it looks.

I am disappointed...

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself. The home that we all once had is now almost completely non-existent and that makes me sad beyond belief. I grew up on this server and I am the person of who I am today because of this server. This home has given me so many memories that I will remember for a lifetime and it is a complete shame that MCSG has fallen so far from grace.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I am disappointed in Chad.
Me for the past 2 years, and the reason I'm one of the people in the first paragraph who's reached the point of hating the server, because he drove it to that point. Most anything's been his fault at heart. I've been here since the beginning, I've seen the rises and falls. It's time to let go, and has been for a while. Why? The owner doesn't care. When the owner doesn't care, it falls apart, that's just how it works. We were just lucky enough he put people in charge who did care and did all the work for him. I'm disappointed too Alyssa, but I gave up much sooner than you did. Save yourself the trouble, there's nothing you can do, so there's no point in stressing over it any further.

Kruger

Quantum
Reaction score
Miss the old MCSG so much ;c Where staff did something else than 3 teaming, and Chad actually cared about the server more than the money

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, MCSG has taken a fall downwards. If you look at all the players who played in the legacy, and compare it to all the players still standing, many quit. We loved these players, we loved Chad. MCSG is going downhill, and fast. Chad doesn't even care about the server anymore, he hasn't been on the forums for a year. MCSG has survived for four long years, and I'd hate to see it fall. Alyssa, thanks for putting this out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci