• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to Post in the Media Section.

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
How to Post in the "Media" Section of the

Forums

The Media Section:

The Media section of the forums is a designated location to advertise your youtube videos. As you might know, if you post a video on a thread it tends to almost always get removed. This is due to the fact that MCGamer does not want any advertisement on threads.

The Media section on the forums is the best place to put your videos. It can gain you a substantial amount of views, and even subscribers. Its a great place to even discover new Youtubers that have a common Interest in playing on the MCGamer Network.

The Explanation:

The process of getting your video onto the media section can be quite complicated and confusing if you have never done it before. Let's start at the beginning, and explain how to post your videos to the media section.

In the middle right of the MCGamer forums page you'll see the "Media" tab. Hover over the media tab's arrow on the toolbar, and click "Submit Media"

Once you have click on "Submit Media" this window will pop up. Simply insert the link to your video. Which can be found under the "Share" Column on your video.

Once you have gotten your link, simple put it into the URL box, and click "Retrieve Information"

After you have clicked "Retrieve Information" scroll down and make sure you have the correct category selected (This helps people find your videos).

Once you have completed all the prior steps all you have to do is click "Save Media" at the bottom of the page.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have correctly made your first post into the media section! I hope this guide has helped you understand this useful section on the forums! Good luck on your Youtube journey!

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to PM me. I will gladly get back to you as soon as I possibly can!

Sebastian

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Amazing guide! This will surely help out people who are looking to show their content here. :)

GamingForLaughs

Tribute
Reaction score
I have a question. I tried posting my media, and submitted my media. When I clicked on retreive information, I got this message:

"There is a per-IP or per-Referer restriction configured on your API key and the request does not match these restrictions. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your API key configuration if request from this IP or referer should be allowed.: ipRefererBlocked"

What do I do? Can someone help?

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a question. I tried posting my media, and submitted my media. When I clicked on retreive information, I got this message:

"There is a per-IP or per-Referer restriction configured on your API key and the request does not match these restrictions. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your API key configuration if request from this IP or referer should be allowed.: ipRefererBlocked"

What do I do? Can someone help?
Hmm. Thats weird. I've been posting my video's there for a while now, and have never gotten that error message.

Did you get the correct link, and put the correct link into the URL box? If not, that could be the issue. Ill try troubleshooting and see if I can come up with a solution!

GamingForLaughs

Tribute
Reaction score
Hmm. Thats weird. I've been posting my video's there for a while now, and have never gotten that error message.

Did you get the correct link, and put the correct link into the URL box? If not, that could be the issue. Ill try troubleshooting and see if I can come up with a solution!
I saw something about me having to have a "member" rank on the forums to be able to post, but that was a year ago. Is that still the case, because then I need to do that.

Edit: Well, I am a "Tribute" which I guess is a member yet it's giving me the same message. It might be something I did, I just don't understand what it's asking from me.

NateNatural

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you! I've been wondering how to do this for the longest time :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci