• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HACKERS: this is getting absolutely ridiculous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fawkesface394

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, there needs to be a new process for getting Hackers blocked on this game, because I'm sorry but a screenshot is NO PROOF AT ALL. My friend and I have been playing for the past few nights and every. single. game. gad at least two hackers in.

I love this game, but I'm reaching the last straw with it, as I'm sure others are too. Please find some magical code that disables hacks because i don't want to have to ditch MCSG.

Thanks,
-A very frustrated individual

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If you spot a hacker in game, record evidence of the hacker and make a report abuse, or poke a mod on teamspeak.

branone

Career
Reaction score
Not sure if that would be possible (or at least it would be some pretty complicated coding) to disable hacking entirely, but screenshots aren't taken as accepetable evidence of hacking, only video footage is.

Hackers are always going to be in this game as it is very easy to modify and alter so without a doubt it will be expected to see multiple hackers in each match. My advice is to record them, if you really are that frustrated with them then you should be determined enough to get them banned.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
There will never be some magical plugin that stops hacks. The developer team works their arses off trying to make MCSG the best it can be. They've already installed no cheat plus, which stops fly and speed type hacks, but there isn't much they can do about BSM, forcefield, etc.

I don't know if it's just me, but I haven't actually encountered a hacker since 1.6 came out.

The only effective way to stop hackers is to keep reporting them with video evidence and poking mods on TS. There's really not much more the devs can do.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Sorry, but not ALL of us are running fraps 24/7 whenever we want to play a little MCSG. I think we shouldn't be the ones, the PLAYERS, having to go report these hackers, when it should be the moderators job to be joining servers looking for any hackers.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry, but not ALL of us are running fraps 24/7 whenever we want to play a little MCSG. I think we shouldn't be the ones, the PLAYERS, having to go report these hackers, when it should be the moderators job to be joining servers looking for any hackers.
Sorry, but there simply aren't enough mods to cover every server. They're about 300 servers, but only a little over 100 mods. Plus, the mods do actually have lives. I know, hard to believe right? They volunteer their time. They aren't paid, so we should feel reluctant that we even have the amazing staff that we do.

If you can't record, you can always poke a mod on TS and ask them to join your server to stop the hacker.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Just remember that the rules state that openly claiming to use hacks or cheats is also worthy of a ban. If you see any of that, a screenshot can be useful. I agree that the process for reporting can be touched up, but it's not that flawed as it is. While it is still really useful to record video, it not "always" necessary. If you have a recording software, use it. If you don't, you can still help. It may not always be the most effective method of collecting solid evidence, but it can come in handy in some instances. :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's like saying we shouldn't have to call the police when we see a crime, they should already be there.

code22

Spectator
Reaction score
I've seen people who run around claiming to have been hacking. Sometimes after I die I spectate them and sometimes watch when others accuse just out of curiosity. A lot of the time these are just out of anger though. There's free software to record and it doesn't bother the game much if you use optifine's settings right. A big problem with hackers is they're good at what they do so you have to be better at watching for the signs. Also make sure you research what the signs are because there can be issues with lag that looks like they're hacking when it's actually a problem on your end.

code22

Spectator
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed that looks like hacking is Skype conversations. I've seen players working together in-game and they never type to each other. Then if one dies they seem to be able to find hidden things, people...etc that makes it look like they are hacking, when in fact they actually have an invisible look out... Just know what you're reporting and the game can be kept fair... Hacking can be limited but can't be stopped... Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci