• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod ?

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how this (fishing rod technique )work's or a guide on how to do it ? i am pretty familiar with it but i still have no idea what the exact thing is ive heard alot of way's a person can use a fishing rod in pvp for example breaking someone's sprint,hitting people into wall's while they sprint but i havent found an exact guide to it anyone have a guide or clue on how it works ?

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
When your running into attack someone, Hit them with the fishing rod and then just after you hit them with the fishing rod, hit them with your sword.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Saucymeister, covered the fishing rod technique, but it's not that easy.

Changing you fishing rod and you're sword quick can be really difficult if you're mouse doesn't have Key-Shortcuts, they make a big advantage if you have them, but if you don't that's fine, the fishing technique will be more difficult but I guess you could to it... —not really— I don't really use the fishing technique unleash i'm in the water or when someone is chasing me. In single player, I encourage you to practice with the fishing rod technique and with all of the other techniques, that way you can get better at flints and steel and become a better archer in game! Hope this helps you and everything really comes down do practise. ;)

clementean1

Experienced
Reaction score
You put the fishing rod in the slot next or 2 slots away from your sword. Charge at the person with your sword and when u are really close(8 blocks) switch to fishing rod and right click. This will hit the opponent straight and he will fly back. This will leave him stunned and you can quickly switch back to your sword and get "under" him as the fishing rod makes him "fly" and hit him multiple times

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
When you hit a player with the fishing rod (right click) it stuns them for a short amount of time. While stunned the other play can go in for the first hit before the other player, thus getting an advantage in the fight. This is the most common technique I have seen with the fishing rod. It's very useful so I suggest getting as good as you can with it. :D

Jspwn

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Changing you fishing rod and you're sword quick can be really difficult if you're mouse doesn't have Key-Shortcuts, they make a big advantage if you have them, but if you don't that's fine, the fishing technique will be more difficult but I guess you could to it... —not really—
My mouse doesn't have key shortcuts and I can do it fine.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
My mouse doesn't have key shortcuts and I can do it fine.
Lol, that means you're pretty good with the mouse. I suck at changing my slots quick :p

Chris_9999_

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, so the 'fishing rod trick' is, in my opinion, quite affective. The general use of the fishing rod trick is to knock back the player as you approach them at a fast pace so that they get knocked back and you get the first hit, if done correctly. You may also use a fishing rod to push the players back if you are on low health. Finally, if you are in a water battle, it is always useful to have your fishing rod in your hot bar if you need to either, knock back the opponent or knock a teammate further towards your opponent. My technique and setup in my hot bar is: 1. Sword, 2. Bow, 3. Fishing Rod etc... I always have my fishing rod out (when not fighting) to ensure i am always ready to use it as someone approaches. Also, to hide my sword so my opponent doesn't know what kind of sword i have. I hover my finger above the number 1 on my keyboard, so that it ensures that i can quickly switch to my sword. Furthermore, I have another finger hovering over the number 3 on my keyboard, just in case I need to switch to my fishing rod again, if i need to knock my opponent back (possibly if i'm on low health).
Tip: (If you don't already know this), After casting your fishing rod out, don't reel it back in, with your scroll wheel or number keys, quickly switch to another item, probably the item next to you, and go back to your fishing rod to ensure your not using up your fishing rod.

Hope this is a good enough guide, if you attempt to do the fishing rod trick, Good Luck!:D

JasonDeBaxter

Platinum
Reaction score
A lot of skilled pvp'ers have moved onto this technique of fighting people, i'm going to try to master it myself!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm one of those few people who used the fishing rod technique before it became really popular.

I used it to hit players back though, never used it for the stun. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci