• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First (Artsy)

Did you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThePoet

Spectator
Reaction score
I used to frown a lot in art class.
I would stare into space and tap my pencil against my desk until the teacher scolded me.
I would hunch my shoulders and look around at all the beautiful pieces being created around me.
Everyone else seemed to prove artistic talent with only a breath, while my sloppy stick figures were far from elegant.
I would glare around at these vibrant water-color forests, pastelized oceans, and abstract souls illustrated on a page. And boy, was I jealous.
My friends taped their final projects to the refrigerator for their parents and peers to “ooh” and “ahh” over while I crumpled mine up and threw them in the trash before anyone could get a glimpse.
“It’s not that bad,” they’d all say,
But I’d look down at my lopsided houses and potatoe-shaped people, and know just how bad it was.
I tried not to stomp my feet or let my voice crack, but it did.
My father saw my frustration and asked me what was wrong, so I sighed and told him, epically sorry for myself.
He laughed and took my hand. I followed him into his studio.
He sat me down and told me to close my eyes. So I did.
Then he played me his favorite song from when he was a kid.
It was Bob Dylan.
At first I was skeptical and rolled my eyes at him, but then I began to listen.
The music was lively and soulful.
It sent electric vibes throughout the room,
Sensational euphony.
His voice sent magical tingles through my body, and made my heart heavy.
I opened my eyes and smiled.
“Bob Dylan was one of the greatest artists in history, yet not for a drawing or sculpture or photograph. He was an artist because he saw the world aesthetically and used his passion to create beauty,” my father replied.
His words have lingered in the back of my mind since then.
My art projects may resemble the work of a kindergartener’s, but I can write beautiful music, and dance, and speak words that paint pictures bolder than Van Gough’s.
I’m far from Dylan or Springsteen or Lennon, but I aspire to be as close as I can.
That’s what being an artist is about I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci