• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does Mcgamer care about MCTF2 anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Often the servers have to restart all at once to preform maintenance to make the game even better! Quite the opposite of not caring actually.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
The reason the servers are down is probably because they are updating (Fixing bugs, adding new features, etc.) it, which means yes, they do care.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Every single one of your posts are about MCTF2, and how MCGamer doesn't care about it. While it is true, that the devs focus on MCSG primarily, there is good reason. MCSG is the most popular thing in the network, so the devs want to make it perfect. Perhaps in the distant future, a dev will appear that wants to focus on MCTF2, but at the moment, there are none. Do not get me wrong, I love MCTF2, and when the hub first opened, I played it almost solely. I hope that the devs can do something about it, but until then, we'll just have to wait and watch.

B

Buxtonaters

Hello there, I have seen this on the mctf2 forums alot aswell... Ok so as you know the current mctf2 plugin is pretty much dead and awful it has been stable since MCTF2 started when MCTF2 and MCSG and MCZC combined to make MCGamer it has been seen that MCTF2 servers are stuck on restarting this is the plugins fault.

When nossr50 made the MCTF2 plugin it was in beta and it stayed that way... About 6 months ago MCTF2 got a new developer called Subv3rsion (Bill), he was going to edit the plugin to make it better (much better) then we found out it was so bad it couldn't be edited... So the Sr.Staff at MCTF2 decided for the devs to completely rewrite the plugin. As you may know rewriting a plugin to make it the best it could be takes some time to do...

As Bill was really busy at that time Chad hired a new dev at MCTF2 called Forairan (Devin) and the plugin was being made. I have tested the plugin maybe a few months ago and it seemed to be in progress. Recently the devs have been really busy with the hub trying to fix problems and bugs but as the hub is fine so the devs are fast aheadat making the MCTF2 plugin... As you know things take time so be patient and just wait...
The devlopers do care about MCTF2 as much as MCSG and MCZC its just how busy they are and how long it takes for them to rewrite the plugin.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
MCTF2 is being worked on, more info can be found in this thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mctf2-the-broken-side-of-mcgamer.52285/ which you also commented on.

Please refrain from posting on the forums about how the MCGamer Network does not care about MCTF2. Use your logic, if they didn't care, Chad wouldn't have taken over the community in the first place. He wouldn't have had it added to the network.
The devs are very busy people and when they have the free time, they work on the plugin. It will come.

The restarts are to help reduce the lag on the server.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci