• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [NEW TRAILER]

Wilt thou accept this offering?

• Yes sir!

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Naope.

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score

We're back baby! After a two-year hiatus, the map has been tweaked, improved, and even overhauled in some areas to keep up with the latest updates to Minecraft. I have missed you dearly, and am looking forward to getting back into the community! Crafters unite!
Name of Map: Cloudy with a Chance of Survival
Build Team Name: All Blocked Up
Lead Builder: PokeJosh
Team Members: Twister__99, PapaJo5h, SangDeSommeil
Game type: Survival Games
Map radius: 300 meters

Map Description

This map is loosely based on the popular movie series/book entitled "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." Elements such as giant pancakes, spaghetti tornado, etc. inspired a map designed to feel as if one were in a land that has been experiencing and adapting to an unrelenting "food apocalypse" for some time. The part of the map that contains any sort of civilization as we know it is slowly being overrun by an onslaught of giant food, headed by a massive spaghetti tornado! This map is for all kinds of players. Climb up the fruit palace and dodge deadly watermelon as you tumble towards a chest! Parkour your way up spaghetti, cucumbers, ice cream and more for rich rewards! Explore underground candy caverns and lost dungeons filled with puzzles and traps as you gather the tools you need to survive.

The original purpose of this map was to bring back some of what made so many of the greatest maps in SG history so much fun, and to add just a little bit of color and ridiculousness to the mix while we experience the the joy of hunting each other to our deaths.

Trailer

Screenshots

Overview

Fast Food Frenzy

Overhead

Ice Cream Plains

Overhead

Fruit Palace

Alternate View 1
Alternate View 2
Banana Beach
Overhead

Desserted Island

Overhead
Gingerbread Village

Crystal Candy Cavern

Broccoli Forest

Alternate View
Overhead

Spaghetti Tornado

Alternate View 1
Alternate View 2
Overhead
Map Download:
(old)
VERSION 2.0
Version 2.0 Updates:
  • Added "Banana Beach"
  • Increased the detail of the tornado and destruction
  • Made housetop parkour and power line traversing more interesting
  • Made various parkour slightly easier (and some harder ;) )
  • Added more fast food
  • Created more food parkour in the ocean (the ocean can now be completely crossed without touching the water from the Fruit Bowl to the Broccoli Forest)
  • Added cake to the ocean (not too many times you can say that in your life, eh?)
  • Improved bounciness and detail of the Jello
  • Added giant mushrooms in the Broccoli Forest
  • Added leaf "vines" to the ruins
  • Better lighting inside the fridge
  • New ice cube puzzle next to the fridge + ice detailing surrounding
  • Fruit Palace area now has more detail
  • Added double tall grass and flowers throughout the map
  • More detailed house interiors
  • Added Landlord house
  • Changed soda glass to blue and moved letters to face the Fruit Bowl
  • Added lighting to the Ice Cream Plains
  • Increased detail outside the dome in all areas
I, PokeJosh of "All Blocked Up" agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (Map Maker) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Make sure to vote and like!

-PokeJosh

Last edited:

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hooray! I remember this map from 2013, nice to see your back again and good luck!

haha I remember making that banner in your signature :giggle:

Last edited:

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
Guys we put so much work into this map (I mean mostly PokeJosh but you know), its' so legit. I can't wait for everyone to see the finished version!

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support so far! A new video is in the works, but for now, here is the final version of the Crystal Candy Cavern.

I will be uploading a save file to play on so that you guys can get a real feel for how the map plays. I know it's hard to tell with just a screenshot and videos, so hang tight! I love you guys.

-PokeJosh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci