• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Can't Resolve Hostname FIX*

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Hey! If you guys are having the unknown host issue, and you are sure that you have the IP typed in 100% correct, you may be having local DNS issues.

Follow this guide: https://store.opendns.com/setup/

Disclaimer: Minecraft Survival Games claims no responsibilities to third party materials, following the guide means that you take full responsibility for any issues that it causes.

~Thanks to MrMark for the original guide over at TIMV

The servers you should set your DNS servers to are: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

This worked for me, and as I was not having the issue before 1.4.2 as has happened to most I assume that this should work for most of you. If it doesn't please post here so we can work together to figure this out.

(update) Added IPs of the DNS servers, thanks Sub

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
as i told you. to see the guide you need a login, and i dont want to get a login, so could you just copy paste the guide into this thread?

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about? The link I put takes you straight to a guide, and you don't need to login to anything.

KainPain14

Tribute
Reaction score
I have a mac OS X
version 10.6.8 what is the closest to that? (same tut)

KainPain14

Tribute
Reaction score
i sound like a real noob :(.Now it just says connecting to the server for ages :( and doesnt change :(

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Hmm well that may be a different problem :( are you on the right version of MC? 1.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci