• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES About legacy donors

ItsInfect

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but I don't agree with how this legacy donor system works. For instance, when I bought platinum donor about 3 years ago, it said "Lifetime", which is self explanatory. Bringing updates to the ranks or maybe adding new ranks is a good thing for sure but why did you feel the need to change it for the ones who already paid for it before? I think the legacy donors should keep their perks such as disguise, mask, chatcolor etc.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find a single person who disagrees on the fact that people want their perks they payed for but there comes the issue that this server will die in half a year max, maybe less if there is next to no one buying the new ranks since their old ranks already pretty much do everything anyway.

Last edited:

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The issue is the server shutdown due to lack of funds. If the server gave everyone their ranks back then there would be no incentive to donate for new ranks. No donations means no cashflow. No cash means no server.

Also as an extra point, lifetime could denote the lifetime of the server. Technically as the server closed down the lifetime rank expired and we now have a new server. Not everyone will like or understand this but there's only so much that can be done regarding this without screwing the server over again regarding financials.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
It's an unfortunate situation for MCGamer to be put in, but ultimately I think it was the right decision to make. Lifetime ranks aren't viable for the longevity of the server. I can verify that from what Chad and other administrative staff have said, lifetime ranks will not be making a reappearance.

That is not to say legacy donors will not be compensated for anything. I believe we will get a few perks -- perhaps some exclusive cosmetics, etc. but the main 'core' of our original perks (i.e. joining full lobbies, etc.) will not be coming back.

It's unfortunate, but it was for the best in order to be able to continue the server in any shape and or form.

mfungamer

Career
Reaction score
It is also noteworthy that some of the old perks can not even be regiven without violating the (new) Minecraft-EULA which was introduced shortly after the shut-down if i remember correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci