• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 ways to kill a thread

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think there's far too much l33t-speak around the forums these days. I mean, I love it and do it sometimes, but it has it's time and place. It's just annoying to see it all over things that should be an actual discussion. To be honest it's a reason I don't come around as much; very few people hold good discussions anymore.

I also dislike the whole "forum god" circlejerky thing that people do. Most of the time it's often undeserved too, and it makes you look foolish and arrogant.

As a newcomer to the forums, this thread seemed like something that would be particularly helpful to me, but instead, I'm just kind of confused.

The opening of the thread was very condescending and almost seemed bossy. You made a thread earlier about respecting the staff and what they do, so if they see something that needs to be done about this thread, then I say let them do it.

The first thing that really confused me was that your second point, which seemed to be a pretty important point. You contradicted your own point by making this thread- there's really nothing to discuss. The only replies you will get to a thread like this are just people praising you and the thread or people disagreeing with something you said, and if they disagree, I'm sure there will be some sort of flame, or their post will be deleted so that will end up nowhere at all. You also made another thread today ('5 reasons the staff team is worse than you think') which was pretty much a sarcastic, fun post, which I can respect, but it was totally pointless, and seemed like yet another forced thread.

You stated in point 3 that it's important to make compelling and interesting threads, and not to be rude, because that is not the point of this post, but this thread is neither compelling nor interesting. If you look at this thread as if it's a guide, which I suppose is fair enough, it wouldn't need to be particularly compelling or even a thread necessary for discussion, but this doesn't really strike me as a guide. The thread has a slight condescending tone throughout the entirety, which is a bit weird and slightly off-putting and causes it to give off a very 'cocky' vibe.

Also, oddly enough, the thread you made early about the staff team is literally on the list of threads you said have already been made and shouldn't be made again. All the points you brought up have already been mentioned, or could have been brought up on one of the old threads you talked about the stroke of your keyboard reviving.

I feel like this thread was made just for the sake of making a thread. This is your third thread of the day and I assume it's just the hype causing you to want to make threads, which I get, but unless this thread is supposed to be sarcastic, it doesn't make any sense, and just seems like a grab for likes, attention, and to boost your posts and presence on the forums.

I think it would be a lot easier for new forummers to enter the forummers if the current 'popular forummers' would hop off of their high horse. It's a very uncomfortable setting to enter as a newcomer when the current 'big' forummers seem to think that nobody but themselves posts anything worthwhile on the forums. Give other people a chance, and maybe give their threads some of your almighty, all-knowing replies.

I'm not here to start anything, I just had some thoughts I wanted to share, so I guess this is my polite trash-talking for the day and the sass you asked for :p
More of this, please!

I sort of complained about massive posts in the past because I thought people were posting them way too often just to make themselves look good when they could say the same thing in a few sentences, but this is refreshing.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
...Ok here weeee go! Forms are dead. Who in the hell cares what people post?! Its a MINECRAFT! form... Its for FUN. Honestly please, Go grab urself a drink, maybe smoke something, or at least go do something with friends! Why can't I have fun? Like seriously? Just cause u don't like it ur gonna say people are ruining the forms. Maybe ill just switch to the dark web xD LMAO! Last off I can't take this sarcastically.
Yeah because nobody posts it and I don't anymore 11yearoldcarrier//karatemn
I luv ur joke. pvp dud

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Requesting this thread to be moved to MCGamer Discussions.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
While I think that it was great that there were more actually interesting and thought-provoking threads being posted back before my day (in yours), there is no real way in changing what seems to be a social norm in this community.

It's gotten to the point where the MCGamer forums have their own stereotypes and those are still quite prominent in every thread and post.

Nothing lasts forever, and even though there might be so many other possibilities for things as music, as with forum topics, humans like to stick what has been said, we are slow with creating new things (relative to our own species, relative to everything else, we are pretty good at innovating and inventing), and we might be plateauing with posts and threads or at the end of that too.

But of course, I haven't been around for a while, correct me because I know I'm at least partly wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci