• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 2D items

Editore

Spectator
Reaction score
So... On 1.8 some of the items are 2D (Mostly sword and rod)

I wasn't able to upload any pictures, but imagine just a normal MC item but without the extra 3D pixels to the right of it. Any help?

Last edited:

yellowcreeper1

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's an option in video settings - "Show Item Tooltips" or something like that.

D

Damien // Teepwn

Unless you have Optifine, you need to turn Fancy graphics on to see 3D items. If you want to keep Fast graphics but want the 3D items go into Options > Video Settings > Details and put "Dropped Items" to Fancy.

Editore

Spectator
Reaction score
Unless you have Optifine, you need to turn Fancy graphics on to see 3D items. If you want to keep Fast graphics but want the 3D items go into Options > Video Settings > Details and put "Dropped Items" to Fancy.
And what if you have Optifine?

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you're talking about dropped items that spin and are 3D as opposed to regular 2D items, follow what Damien // Teepwn said. If not, post back with what you mean.

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
I think I know what he means. If you block hit in 1.8 the motion is 2d. Just test it out yourself and you'll see what I mean...

D

Damien // Teepwn

Sorry about all the confusion.
But I've finally got some pictures up.

http://imgur.com/fWXZt74 That is 1.8

http://imgur.com/EYxNiKj And, that's 1.7.1o
Are you using Optifine with 1.8? If not, it could be possible that Minecraft is incapable of display the RP properly due to it not being in the native resolution of 16x16. If you do have Optifine it may well be a glitch with the preview version.

I suggest trying a clean version of 1.8 and seeing if the problem persists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci