• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why the Community likes V2 Chests more.

What do you value more in a video-game?

• Total voters

sarther

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the v2 chests more, mainly because with v1 i had to craft a gold sword for a weapon:D. but i guess you have a point. the v2 is a bit to OP. i think if it was balanced in between that would be great (although i still want tier 3's if they stick with v2). but yes i agree with you theoretical.
nice argument.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can't agree more with the OP. Specifically the food needs to be nerfed a bit, but other than that v2 chests are more or less fine. I prefer PvP to scavenging.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I completely agree. Another factor regarding towards the update is, yes, though it requires "skill" to win, it's just impossible to take out teams. With the minimal amount off items you get per chest, having a team of even 2 people will increase that team's chances of finding valuable items. Then you (the one with full leather) have to go up against a team of 2 of pretty good players with leather/gold/chain gear and it's nearly an inevitable death.
-- They should also fix the chests, breeze island has 2 chests at corn, and like 8 around the rest of the map --
It's still not super hard to get decent enough gear in the update. You can still take out teams almost as easily as before, because you can still make more flint and steel. Now you just have to ask yourself what you want before you craft, because you have less of a chance of getting tons of arrows and flint and steel.

TheYahcookie

Career
Reaction score
It's still not super hard to get decent enough gear in the update. You can still take out teams almost as easily as before, because you can still make more flint and steel. Now you just have to ask yourself what you want before you craft, because you have less of a chance of getting tons of arrows and flint and steel.
I like crafting tables. I trapped a stacked guy in a house once :)

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I say, just edit the V2 chests too be a little less OP but keep the general community, not just the forum community, happy.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tier 3 chests need to be nerfed as well. You find a Tier 3 and you're basically good for the rest of the entire game...

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really enjoy the V1 chests more. It gives you the feeling "What do the others have?.." as you're going into deathmatch (throughout the game, for that matter). With the V2 chests, there is a lot more PvP, which I enjoy. But when it gets right to it - I prefer V1 because personally, I like to have a "scavenge" feel to the game, but others may disagree - which is just fine. You make a very, very good argument and point, Theo. I voted for more fun, but I do prefer V1 because of 1.) Nostalgia and 2.) Scavenging can make the game a bit more interesting. If they went back to V2, I guess I wouldn't be that upset, but I would be a little disappointed - but I'd get over it.
Note: Forairan nerfed the Tier 3s.

TL;DR: Nope.
Theo, we all know you just want your abundance of Flint & Steel. >:3

EDIT: I kind of agree with you, we should start with V2 chests. But if they keep the chest update, I'm happy with it.
The past is the past and we most focus on the present and the future

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
my opinion: the chest update just is not good. I mean the tier 3s are nice and all, but the nerfs to tier 1s and 2s is just too much. Like seriously, bones in a tier 1? yea I totally needed those -.- my opinion is tier 1s should've stayed the same, tier 2s nerfed, but not as much as they have been (come on, I found a stone axe and a fishing rod in a tier 2. that was it lol), and tier 3s implemented. no bones in chests or axes in tier 2s

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
Intense conversation! Didn't even read theo's thread post though... you never saw me.. *ditches room*

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that v2 chests are a lot more fun. But I respect peoples opinion that they prefer v1 chests. I think, if its possible there should be 50 or so servers in each location with v1 chests and the rest v2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci