• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's up with grace period?

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Surely it's only temporary? Right? Right?

The bloodbath is hands down the most important part of the games, it's where all the tributes compete for valuable items and what risk is there if you're protected by some unrealistic godmode? Is it just for the beta to give people a chance to see the arena? What's it for? It's not staying, RIGHT?!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Rage much o.o
I'm assuming it's staying if it passed the Beta Test.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
To answer your question, the whole point of Quarter Quell is the basis of: the players is the least of your worries, now you have to face the environment. Once stuck in a segment it can be extremely hard to stay alive depending on the disaster. People join the quarter quell to check out this amazing gametype in which Forairan spent months on making. Having the grace period allows players to prepare themselves for what they have to face in the wilderness.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think it should be a bit shorter. It's frustrating to have to wait for someone to find a weapon in chest and then fight them rather than being able to go and kill them when you see them. I think 30 seconds is plenty.

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it should be a bit shorter. It's frustrating to have to wait for someone to find a weapon in chest and then fight them rather than being able to go and kill them when you see them. I think 30 seconds is plenty.
Agreed

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Or how about no grace period at all?

I'd like punching people off the island spokes just to get the advantage, and have mini duels in the water.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Or how about no grace period at all?

I'd like punching people off the island spokes just to get the advantage, and have mini duels in the water.
I'd be fine with that TBH, but I'm not sure they'll go that far. I'd rather take a compromise than nothing.

Iametal

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd be fine with that TBH, but I'm not sure they'll go that far. I'd rather take a compromise than nothing.
like what he said its fine as i dont wanna get tryharded at corn...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci