• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Welcome to MCSG! (Sequence of events ingame)

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
(Note: Older players, don't comment saying "Haha, i already knew all this")

Hello, new players!
I'm here today to explain the whole sequence of the game. My aim of this is to advise you of dangers, how to survive the deathmatch, etc, etc. Enjoy!

The Lobby:
You've joined your first game. Now what?
The lobby is a magical floating island in which you prepare to brutally murder each other
Our currently lobby is made by Team Elite, who build quality maps for MCSG.
In the lobby, you can make friends, enemies, and teammates. Exploring the lobby is also advised- their are alot of hidden secrets and tips to the game. There are also alot of fun parkours that take up most of the 2 minutes, which is the time frame you get in the lobby.
But one of the main features in the lobby is Voting. There are 5 maps to vote from. To vote for one, type /vote and then a number between 1-5. These numbers correspond to the maps, for example, Voting option 1 is 'Survival Games 4', then doing /vote 1 will vote for Survival Games 4.
Wait, what's this? You've been teleported into an arena? Go onto the next event.

The Cornucopia:
Okay, so. You should be standing on a pedestal. If someone else is on it, then either type #BlameSub, #BlamePotato or #BlameDevin. Look around. You'll see players, wilderness surrounding the corn area, and chests. These chests are 'Tier 2', and they provide good food, Iron/Chain/Gold armour, and alot of good crafting materials (Diamonds, Iron, Sticks etc). It is advised to try and grab a chest from cornucopia. If you fail it somehow, and everyone is at the corn before you're off your pedestal, it is smart to run, as all the good loot will be taken. One of the main dangers at corn are fistfighters, and people with a stone sword. If you see a stone sword in a chest, grab for it but someone already has it, RUN. You're most likely their next target. If, on the other hand, you get a stone sword, kill everyone. When i say this, don't go around hitting random people. This will waste your durability, and 1 hit with a stone sword does 5 damage points (You start off with 20). Instead, lock onto a target, and hit them until they're dead. It is smart to kill people with iron armour, as it is the best armour possible through chests (Diamond armour needs diamonds, which are quite rare). With iron armour and a stone sword, it's quite overpowered.
Now, just go from the cornucopia.

Getting Chests:
Once you're out of the Cornucopia, you should definitely look for chests. Outside of cornucopia, most chests are Tier 1. These have items like leather armour, wooden/stone swords, and raw food. Most places like houses have a few chests in them. You can also find alot in the outskirts of each map (Around the glass dome which encircles the map). Once you've got alot of leather armour, and a stone sword, maybe even a bow and arrow, you're ready to hunt. But until then, keep looking! Also note, any xray/chestfinder will get you banned from MCSG. Not advised ;)

Hunting:
Only one person can win the Survival Games. Kill or be killed.
So, you've gotten good gear that stands a chance against most tributes. Great! Because it's time to put them to the test. Search everywhere for tributes- If you can't find any, then look at corn. Their are people there alot. If you know where alot of chests are, check around there also. Once you've found someone, assess them and their gear. Then think "Would i be able to beat him?" Confidence is key. I've killed countless 3 people teams because they run when i kill one of them. If you think you stand a chance, great! Ambushing is a great PvP tactic, so stay close by, but not where they can see you. When they open a chest, or go to craft, spam hit them. Click like you've never clicked before (Click fast). If they start running, chase them. If you have a bow and arrow, send a few shots to their knee. They should die eventually. (NOTE: If you keep on running, games get really boring. Don't.)

Refill:
At night, the 'sponsors' (AKA the plugin) refill ALL the chests. And, you know how their are normally 8 tier 2 chests at the Cornucopia? They're still there. If you can capture the cornucopia, most times you will win. But, alot of the players do that. Their will be very stacked players there (Sometimes 2 full iron diamond sword dudes in a team!) So, if someone is their, refer to what i said in hunting. Assess them, if you're confident, attack them. If not, look around the map more for some chests, and if you know where some are, go straight to Tier 2's. If you're still alive, Tier 1's dont serve much purpose. But if you see some chests on your way, go for them. It could have some arrows, iron etc :)

Deathmatch:
If you've made it to this point in the game, congratulations! But this is where the real game is at.
When their are 3 people remaining, a countdown from 60 will occur. When it hits 0, you will be teleported to Cornucopia, and given 10seconds of invincibility to load the map. Then, everyone will target each other (Unless their are teams in DM -_-). What i normally do is lead them to each other and let them fight it out, then swoop in and kill the winner of that fight. They'll be low and unprepared. Stay confident in Deathmatch though! If someone's chasing you, a GREAT thing to do is turn around and light them on fire with Flint and Steel.

Thank you for reading! I hope i've helped.
Good Luck!
-Pie

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Nice!
Even though I'm not a noob I have learned some thing from this

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Haha, I knew all this!
Anyways, this is a REALLY nice guide :) I like :p

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
A pretty good guide for beginners if they want to get all they can out of there MCSG experience. Good job Pie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci