• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

UHC Tips and Tricks, A Guide

Was this Mini Guide somewhat helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyCrafter

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello Fellow MCGamers, I am here to bring you guys a few tips on a popular gamemode known as UHC!
First What is a UHC?, A UHC stands for Ultra-HardCore, (typically survival). In UHCs you cannot regenerate normally/at all (ie, full hunger) you can only regenerate via golden apples, and healing potions.
It can be played with teams or for a challenge, by yourself! There are other UHC's as well, what I mean by this is that there are multiple UHC gamemodes (like Flower Power and Cut Clean).

Now for the good stuff, the tips and tricks!
1. Whenever you see a hole/opening that is deep cover it up with block or water so you can swim down. This can save you from unnecessary fall damage, and an unfortunate death.
2. Do not got out at night! (unless you have a teammate). As most of you know dangerous mobs spawn at night (skeletons,endermen, spiders, and zomies). Doing this can save you from taking too much damage, I recommend that you only attack mobs if you have golden apples.
3. Find gold when you are low, nothing matters most than staying alive, I recommend that you hunt for gold when you are at about half health or less once you obtain the gold cut down Oak Trees (if I am not mistaken) and wait for sapling or apples to fall out.
4. Armor and Weapons, make sure you have some of the following Armor pieces/Weapons
Iron Armor
Stone/Iron/Diamond sword
A bow (try getting it later in the game)
and a Fishing Rod (if you can use it well in pvp or find food)
5. Always have a good supply of food. This can keep you from losing too much hunger and saves you from losing a ton of health when you have no more hunger, I recommend cooked foods.
6. Enchanting! If you are fortunate enough to get a plentiful supply of diamonds and obsidian make an enchanting table ASAP. Try getting the following enchants: Protection 1 or 2 on armor(anything more is great) Sharpness 1 or 2 for your weapon and Power 1 or 2 on your Bow. This is essential sometimes when you are fighting other players as enchants can give you major advantages.

Thats it for now! Have any tips for UHC? Leave them in the comments :D.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thread Moved to the Community Guides section. :)

Even though we do not provide the mini game on our servers, it does fit well in the Community Guides section as it is after all a guide.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I was sitting next to him when he was making this thread:)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've only played UHC once, I got to meetup with one other person who was waaay less stacked then me
... and my dad comes in and turns the internet off...

xStratz

Spectator
Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with is the gold hunting. I recommend you search for ores early in the game as the first hour is when the most deaths will be happening

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Please do not necro post.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members