• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Top Players Statistics

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,

I'm a numbers guy, so I like to know every bit of statistical knowledge I can get my hands on. After figuring out that our leaderboards are easily transferred into a spreadsheet format, I decided to run some stats and see what I can't do. After I got the wealth of knowledge accumulated, I decided to share my findings here.

Document: The Top Players Stats Document

Note:
  • Check the separate sheets at the bottom to look at the data and statistics for the Top 100, Top 250, and Top 500 players combined.
  • The document is input by hand, which means it does not update automatically. Hopefully I will make updating the document a weekly affair.
  • Not all of the statistics are currently computable. This is mainly for the data for Longest Life and Total Life, because I don't know how to parse a series of characters into integers I can use through GDocs. If anyone knows how, feel free to talk to me.
  • Graphs are coming, but with 100 points of data minimum it is very difficult to interpret them.
  • I have no intention of going past 500 entries.
  • I have no way of efficiently getting a user's ranks from the leaderboards (which is what I'm really curious about).
And for those of you who aren't too familiar with basic statistics, here's a quick run-down of what each mathematical function means:
  • Sum: the total of that field. Every entry is added together, and the sum displays the result.
  • Average: the sum divided by the number of entries. A rough estimate of what the middling player has pertaining to that data.
  • Median: the middle-most entry of a field. Another rough estimate of what the average player has, but is seen as a better estimate if the data has extreme values.
  • Mode: the most commonly-occurring value for that field of data. If there's a value that shows up more often, it's shown here. Some modes are shown as N/A, which means there is no mode, meaning there are no duplicate entries in that field of data.
  • Max: the largest entry in the field.
  • Min: the smallest entry in the field.
  • Wins Probability: The average number of wins per game. Also interpreted as the percentage likelihood of that player winning a game based on their player history.
  • Kills/Game: the average number of kills per game.
  • Chests/Game: the average number of kills per game.
Got some stats you'd like to see? A graph perhaps? Want to point out some statistics of interest?
Feel free to leave a comment.

Last edited:

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is pretty cool. :)

A stat I'd like to see is (Assuming you update this weekly) how far the W/L ratio (Or win probability) of a player goes up or down. Kind of gives an idea on to how they're playing. :p

StrokeSwitch

Spectator
Reaction score
I BOUGHT DONOR TODAY.... TWICE AND IT WENT AWAY IN 2 HOURS EACH TIME! YOUR STUPIC ASS WEBSITE MADE ME WASTE 50 BUCKS AND I GOT NOTHING OUT OF IT. IM THE DERPCRAFTER BANANA39 AND NOW STROKE SWITCH. I NEED MY DODNOR!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci