• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3's: Clocks and Maps and Junk

HonestAbe17

Survivor
Reaction score
I appreciate the notion that the Survival Games are supposed to be difficult. You are supposed to use everything you have to your advantage and constantly be opening chests and obtaining new items. However, when items like bones, maps, and clocks appear in chests frequently, this floods the player with useless items. I think that Tier 2's should be returned to their previous state and Tier 1's should have all the junk that no one likes from Beta removed. MCSG is evolving, and I think it takes away from the progression if we bring back Tier 1 and Tier 2 chests from Beta.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I disagree, what about people that need clocks because their render distance is too small to be able to see the sun/sky/moon and don't know when to start going back to corn? And they don't know about /timeleft or /tl? Bones can be used to tame wolves on map 1 and can be used for fake iron armor. Compasses can help new players find their way back to spawn when they need to craft. Rotten flesh is good because it is a bad food, sure, but it also makes it harder to survive because sometimes you have to eat it. The only tier 2 item that I think should be removed are maps, but I want to keep them because nostalgia ;D

HonestAbe17

Survivor
Reaction score
Good points and good thoughts. Being a player who has only played with V2 chests, I have a bit of bias, but I can see where you are coming from. But clocks and compasses in Tier 2's? I think it would be more helpful if they were in Tier 1's if only inexperienced players can find them useful.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it's completely wrong that you say your inventory is filled with junk. In V2, your inventory is overflowing with bad food and other crappy items you don't need. Now the system has changed to be a lot less inventory consuming, and there are some items that could be considered useless to some people, or lifesavers to others.

And if the game is progressing, it shouldn't just be going forwards randomly, it should be going forwards in the direction the community wants. I'm not saying that it's true that the community wants V1 chests, but it hasn't been completely and honestly determined so we don't know what everyone wants yet. The game is improving when more people like it more.

HonestAbe17

Survivor
Reaction score
The Tier 2's have absolute garbage in them is what I'm saying. I don't mind the items like clocks and compasses and string, but when that's all there is in a chest, it's ridiculous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci