• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thank You Chad - Its time to stop the Chad hate

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I am just going to write this thread as if this is the end of MCG. It seems like nobody knows for sure (possibly even Chad himself). But almost all of us can agree that MCGamer will not be around much longer, even if the exact date of shutdown is still unclear.

While we all have our disagreements, I think we can all agree that this community would never have existed without Chad. Additionally, he has put tons of hard work into this place, made large investments, and provided leadership needed to turn his Survival Games idea into a big success. He did an amazing job, and deserves some recognition for this.

Did he do a perfect job? Of course not. He made lots of mistakes. Rightfully so, the large majority of the community is unsatisfied with his performance the last year or so. That being said, it is not entirely his fault that the current state of the network is what it is.

His development team failed to create an anti-cheat that was competitive with what the other Minecraft servers could offer. No admin has been able to fill the leadership role of Col_StaR. In all fairness, that is nearly impossible to do, but this community needed a role model like him. His staff team decided about six months ago that it would be ok for around half of them to resign in the span of about a week, at a time when MCGamer needed them most. The community created a very hostile/negative environment that continuously repeated the same complaints, over and over and over again, as if it was going to help. Too many mods put their promotion goals first, and the network second.

Now, those who were involved with the things pointed out in my above paragraph will probably blame some of that stuff on Chad (except the last point, you have nobody but yourself to blame for that). Fair enough, but while he maybe made things harder than they needed to be, you almost certainly made mistakes too. At the end of the day, it is still Chad's fault that this place is what it is right now. However, it is possible that he has no intentions of keeping it around much longer, and just wanted to keep it running for as long as possible so we could enjoy what was left. Clearly he now has other IRL interests that are moving him away from this network. After what he did from 2012-early 2015 that is ok.

Yes I know, this thread is coming from one of Chad's loudest critics, but seriously... What are you guys accomplishing by posting all this stuff about how horrible of a leader Chad was when this place is already pretty much done? It is as if people are taking satisfaction in sharing their horror stories while working with Chad all of the sudden. The proper time to criticize Chad and suggest improvements in the leadership was a few months ago when there was still hope in turning things around, now it is just done to insult him.

At the same time, yes the server is about to go so people are going to reflect. But come on, if you have worked with Chad for years it is not like you have not one nice thing to say. It is fine to be negative, just get the balance right between good and bad. Yes I know, with the troll thread (it is gone now so don't look for it) I wrote yesterday I sound like the biggest hypocrite, but I realized it wrong to do that, sorry.

Get over it people, this server is going to die. All good things come to an end. There is no point in continuing to be negative at this point towards Chad. He did a lot more good than bad if you look at the big picture instead of just the last year or so.

Thank you Chad for making MCSG/MCG a reality. End of story. More hate has been given than is justified.

Last edited:

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Thank you Chad for making MCSG/MCG a reality.
Since I've been reading and replying to so much stuff about Chad the past few days, I really can't even focus my pupils on reading the thread, but the above quote caught my eye.

While all of us can't necessarily repay Chad for making this awesome community (other than maybe donating or being staff), a lot of my praise for Chad and respect for Chad vanished when he did.

As a Moderator, I encountered Chad twice: once when I had to report someone to him, and the other, was at a staff movie night on my first day as a Moderator. While it's awesome he stepped in for about 10 minutes, I feel that the step in he had w/ me and the others in that movie night room is the last time he has ever interacted with the staff & community.

So I can't thank him for that. No way.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Since I've been reading and replying to so much stuff about Chad the past few days, I really can't even focus my pupils on reading the thread, but the above quote caught my eye.

While all of us can't necessarily repay Chad for making this awesome community (other than maybe donating or being staff), a lot of my praise for Chad and respect for Chad vanished when he did.

As a Moderator, I encountered Chad twice: once when I had to report someone to him, and the other, was at a staff movie night on my first day as a Moderator. While it's awesome he stepped in for about 10 minutes, I feel that the step in he had w/ me and the others in that movie night room is the last time he has ever interacted with the staff & community.

Read the thread before you debate it please. One line does not summarize my entire argument. It was a very important point, which is why it was in bold, but there were other important points too. Either read the thread, or don't argue with it.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Read the thread before you debate it please. One line does not summarize my entire argument. It was a very important point, which is why it was in bold, but there were other important points too. Either read the thread, or don't argue with it.
Wait up, I shared my opinion and gave my opinion for reading the thread? There's no rule anywhere that says I have to read your thread or put up a fair debate point, but I do know that I can share my opinion anyway I'd like as long as it abides by the rules.

If you aren't looking for people to share their opinions without getting personally hurt, then maybe creating public attention grabbing threads is a bad option for you.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow. Well written. MCSG has been there for me all my life. I used to wake up at 6 in the morning to play, two hours before school started. I used to love this so much, thousands of people on, different lobbies, new faces, many regions. MCSG is so sad now, who would of thought that a server so prosperous would come to a demise like this. MCSG was a part of my childhood, and when this server dies, a part of me dies inside. Chad used to be a part of MCSG, and he did some amazing things at his time. He simply doesn't give a great enough care anymore, to keep it up or stay active in the community. We know he is out there, as he attended minecon 2016. Chad, I have admired you all my life in MCSG, and I still do. MCSG has had its spotlight and now it is time to go. Thanks for putting this out there.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Wait up, I shared my opinion and gave my opinion for reading the thread? There's no rule anywhere that says I have to read your thread or put up a fair debate point, but I do know that I can share my opinion anyway I'd like as long as it abides by the rules.

If you aren't looking for people to share their opinions without getting personally hurt, then maybe creating public attention grabbing threads is a bad option for you.
I just get frustrated when I believe I address arguments in a thread, and then people argue against it anyway because they were too lazy to read it. If you read the thread and still get to that conclusion, well then fair enough.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
I just get frustrated when I believe I address arguments in a thread, and then people argue against it anyway because they were too lazy to read it. If you read the thread and still get to that conclusion, well then fair enough.
I just read it, the basic idea of the thread is Chad has done a lot and given us a lot and that type of stuff.

Like I said, while we can't necessarily repay Chad for giving us all amazing opportunities and many hours of enjoyment (other than donating or staffing), you can lose your 2-3 years of being a good server Owner in just 1 year of not being around as much, which turns me around to my original comment to this thread.

I didn't necessarily have to read the thread to know what it's about, it's similar to all the other "Chad has done a lot for us" posts and the title makes it very obvious.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I just read it, the basic idea of the thread is Chad has done a lot and given us a lot and that type of stuff.

Like I said, while we can't necessarily repay Chad for giving us all amazing opportunities and many hours of enjoyment (other than donating or staffing), you can lose your 2-3 years of being a good server Owner in just 1 year of not being around as much, which turns me around to my original comment to this thread.

I didn't necessarily have to read the thread to know what it's about, it's similar to all the other "Chad has done a lot for us" posts and the title makes it very obvious.
Ok, well like I said if you read the thread and still have that argument than fair enough. Sorry for wasting your time. Now I will break down your original post.

Overall, I feel it is pretty simple. You joined the forums in 2016. Not sure when you joined the community overall, but it seems that you were here for mostly the bad times. If I joined this community within the last year or two I would have the same opinion as you. However, I have been here longer. I have seen the good that Chad has done as well, and it is far greater than the bad. Believe me.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly since you could 'technically' call me an old school moderator (not that old school but pretty old) and when I was a mod back then Chad was actually pretty active. When I worked on the team he was actually accessible and was really chill. It is a shame to see everyone hate on him right now, like I understand he hasn't been around but if the server does go down I don't want him to be remembered in the way he is right now.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Believe me.
Donald Trump plays a Minecraft? Lol, I'm just kidding.

You didn't waste my time at all, I felt like you had a well formed thread and a good message, I don't think differently just because I have a different opinion. Obviously you have good intentions. Whether I joined the forums in 2016 or 2012, it's not easy to relive those 4 year s of MCGamer, but you can still look back and see all that Chad has done. Which is noticed, and is great. But, he has made so many mistakes in the past year that most people forget about the good stuff he's done; which you're trying to prevent. But people are fed up and likely don't care about the good he's done all of us anymore.

Reaction score
I speak for myself & alot of old 2012 members that MCSG has had a good run! It's been a part of my life on and off for about 4 years and I'd be really sad to see it go under. I just hope another server will fill the SG void (not Badlion).

ToxicBlaze

Quantum
Reaction score
I speak for myself & alot of old 2012 members that MCSG has had a good run! It's been a part of my life on and off for about 4 years and I'd be really sad to see it go under. I just hope another server will fill the SG void (not Badlion).
I agree. Adding on to what you said about badlion, it's the most overrated server ever they can't even make use of there overrated anti cheat, that's simple as to bypass. There SG 2.0 is rubbish and mediocre compared to mcsg.

+ arsenal didn't you say you where quitting and leaving forums I remember a couple months ago when I used to be active on forums.

p.s arsnal ain't winning the league this time okay go Chelsea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci