• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Team Helix (Archived Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score

About us
Hey Guys!
We are Helix, an MC build team that has been making maps for more than 1 Year now! We always push ourselves to the limits when it comes to mapmaking, but above all we find having fun very important.
We want everyone to have a great time in our team, so we focus on having a friendly environment for people to build in and have fun. Is that it? Nooo! We produce many maps for MCGamer, including none-SG maps and we also take private jobs for people. Make sure to apply if you like building, make new friends and have a lot of fun!

Ranks
These are the current ranks on the server and also our general layout and categorization that our build team operates in.

- Guest -

People/friends who just want to peek and look at our projects while in progress.

- Trial -

Builders who are interested in joining the team must pass a trial first.

- Interior -

Create detail and the gooey insides of structures/houses.

- Exterior -

These awesome people make the structures and houses that compile throughout the map.

- Terraformer -

Terraformers make the landscape/base for the projects.

- Redstoner -

Make traps and redstone contraptions for maps.

- Veteran -

A rank given to our trustworthy members. The best non-staff rank.

- Officer -

These are basically moderators. They deal with applications, and generally keep the build team in a healthy, sustainable and enjoyable place to be in.
Currently there are 3 officers: VegsMC, Cretifery and Piggeh

- Admin/Owner -

Manage the build team. Dealing with applications, builder activity and keep everything in control in general.
Currently there are 3 admins: @MCGamerzism, @redikus and TSnipers and our owner: @Sanders2408 .

Application

Interested in joining the team?
Be sure to copy and paste and fill in this template below and post it on the thread! Make sure you answer all the questions and don't flood the chat with unnecessary messages that stop us from looking at the other apps. A responds can take up to 12 hours.

IGN:
Preferred Name:

Name:
Timezone/Country:
What is your Specialty:
Previous Build Teams:
Screenshots/Videos of Builds?:
SG California
Helix's debut MCSG project.
24 Player MCSG Map.

Alvarian

48 Players MCSG Map

Holiday Resort 2

24 Player MCSG Map Revamp
Finished

Thawing Time

Quarter Quell Map.

CyberWars

MCTF2 Map.
(Promo Cover Coming Soon)

Cryptic Ridge
Zedchase Map

Lapiz Island
Colourzone Map

Porte Orange

Battlegrounds Map

Cove/FFA Maps
Sunflower Street
Helix's First Ever Project
Cove 3v3 Map

Hasia Grounds
Chinese Mountain Village Map
CoveMC 2v2 Map

Maple Forest
2v2 Map

Moon Mayhem
1v1 Map

Amazon Rainforest
1v1 Map

Farador
2v2 Map

Sahara City
FFA Map

--==+==-

COMING SOON!
No information currently.
(Check back in 2 weeks!)

--==+==-

Our MCGamer Page:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/helix-build-team-application-process-now-on-thread.112391/
Our PMC Page:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/helix-build-team/
Our Cove Page:
http://cove.network/threads/helix-build-team.3685/

--==+==-

If you have any questions regarding applying, map usage or anything in general then feel free to contact the following people:

MCGamerzism Sanders redikus TSnipers

Last edited:

RandomHandthem

Spectator
Reaction score
Minecraft Name: random_guy48
Skype Name: revilo.ganw (preferred not to have any skype calls though)
Time Zone: PST
What part of redstone are you best at (pick three from the list and put an "X" in the brackets)
[ X] Adapting redstone to buildings (Blending into the buildings, etc)
[ X] Compression (Making the contraption smaller and more compact)
[ ] Ideas (Cool redstone things that would work in a place)
[ X] Common Redstone Knowledge (Knowing styles of redstone and using them effectively)
[ ] Dealing with lag (Minimizing lag with the trap)
[ X] "Pro-Proof" (Making sure there's no ways to exploit the contraption)
[ X] Knowing your contraption inside and out (If there's a problem, you know immediately how to fix it)
[ ] Knowing where your contraption is going (Knowing mistakes or bugs with the servers where your redstone is going, i.e. Water/lava flow off in mcsg)
[X ] Working with others (Working with other redstoners on the team)

Provide pictures or videos of the two categories chosen above that you have done:
http://imgur.com/WCIp54z (edited from deletion machine)
(fully automatic tnt launcher)
&
http://imgur.com/vRA9Sw5 (edited from embed to link)
(disco floor)

Are you in another build team?
No

Have you ever been in another build team (if so, which one/ones)?
No

Have you ever helped with another map that has made it onto the servers (if so, which one/ones and tell ALL of what you did on it)?
I made a general all-around minigames map on a server called Worldcraft (IP is build.worldcraftserver.net). It was originally designed as a capture the flag map but can be used for other minigames simply by slightly adjusting the map.

Are you willing to do a trial of redstone if accepted?
Yes I would be glad to.

Last edited:

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
What part of redstone are you best at (pick three from the list and put an "X" in the brackets)
[ X] Common Redstone Knowledge (Knowing styles of redstone and using them effectively)
[ X] Knowing your contraption inside and out (If there's a problem, you know immediately how to fix it)
[ ] Knowing where your contraption is going (Knowing mistakes or bugs with the servers where your redstone is going, i.e. Water/lava flow off in mcsg)

Provide pictures or videos of the two categories chosen above that you have done:
(compact item deletion)
&
(disco floor)

No

No

Have you ever helped with another map that has made it onto the servers (if so, which one/ones and tell ALL of what you did on it)?
I made a general all-around minigames map on a server called Worldcraft (IP is build.worldcraftserver.net). It was originally designed as a capture the flag map but can be used for other minigames simply by slightly adjusting the map.

Yes I would be glad to.
Sorry honey! Your not meant to apply here! Apply here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SxN-o_UWUN25fQRbgA56B7cJAVWAiovyPZ5kI3e7YiA/viewform

Tommychef123

Tribute
Reaction score

(compact item deletion)
&
(disco floor)

No

No

Yes I would be glad to.
Although I am not the one to judge, the redstone destroyer could be easily made by putting a hopper under a chest leading to a dispenser which would have a clock throwing the items into lava

RandomHandthem

Spectator
Reaction score
Although I am not the one to judge, the redstone destroyer could be easily made by putting a hopper under a chest leading to a dispenser which would have a clock throwing the items into lava
I have changed it to a fully automatic tnt machine with works with just the push of a button. Thanks for the advice!

OverLord547

Experienced
Reaction score
It was great working with you guys :( Remove me please from the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member