• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Suggestion* Solo SG: Smaller Maps?

Should SoloSG use Smaller Maps?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
eh, A good player can win no matter what the map. Also school started up recently xD so that obviously has an effect.
lol the size of the map has nothing to do with who wins really xD. Some people just don't like wondering around endlessly trying to find ppl for 30 minutes xD. The servers have been getting smaller since the start of summer xD. Can't really use that excuse.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
lol the size of the map has nothing to do with who wins really xD. Some people just don't like wondering around endlessly trying to find ppl for 30 minutes xD. The servers have been getting smaller since the start of summer xD. Can't really use that excuse.
trust me, it does.......... Ever played Hungry hills? or Forsaken accession? Many players die not because of other players but because of the size of the map, starving to death etc, or even missing reset. (Im high on the solo boards, Im not making up excuses only facts ;p) On forsaken approx. 20% of players would die to the map.

However, if you claim this to be true, map size having no effect on wins or not, then you can't use the "can't find people" excuse either ;p. People leave if they can't find people, correct? So it influences the game play. A good player knows to never give up, and knows where other people are LIKELY to go, even on a map they've never seen before. For example: Most players go to open land rather than forest land, (seen on SG highway (more people go along the highway and then turn in)), furthermore, players who are understacked tend to go towards the edge of the map, in hope of finding tier 2s and avoiding the wrath of the more stacked players in the center of the game.

These are mere observations I have made while playing. As a final point, sound is key. :p

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
trust me, it does.......... Ever played Hungry hills? or Forsaken accession? Many players die not because of other players but because of the size of the map, starving to death etc, or even missing reset. (Im high on the solo boards, Im not making up excuses only facts ;p) On forsaken approx. 20% of players would die to the map.

However, if you claim this to be true, map size having no effect on wins or not, then you can't use the "can't find people" excuse either ;p. People leave if they can't find people, correct? So it influences the game play. A good player knows to never give up, and knows where other people are LIKELY to go, even on a map they've never seen before. For example: Most players go to open land rather than forest land, (seen on SG highway (more people go along the highway and then turn in)), furthermore, players who are understacked tend to go towards the edge of the map, in hope of finding tier 2s and avoiding the wrath of the more stacked players in the center of the game.

These are mere observations I have made while playing. As a final point, sound is key. :p
lol hungry hills used to be my favorite map a long time ago. Probably still my fav 48 man server map. forsaken is bad IMO tho. It's true that people will die due to the map, but typically that's not the good players in the game xD.

Typically "good" players aren't going to even play on 48 man servers or big maps in general. There is a reason big maps never last on 24 man servers. Also, "good" players like intense games, fast paced games for the most part xD. There isn't much fun in searching around endless mountains for people. You might know general locations and structure that people are sometimes at but alot of times its just a random steve running around in forest lost as can be. Why spend 30 minutes looking for people, getting refill once or twice when you could enjoy an intense fast paced game ;O

Idk what SG highway games you play in, but any time I play in them, the players who know what the are doing, are always going to either the farm area, or the construction area. Which are on the edges of the map.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
lol hungry hills used to be my favorite map a long time ago. Probably still my fav 48 man server map. forsaken is bad IMO tho. It's true that people will die due to the map, but typically that's not the good players in the game xD.

Typically "good" players aren't going to even play on 48 man servers or big maps in general. There is a reason big maps never last on 24 man servers. Also, "good" players like intense games, fast paced games for the most part xD. There isn't much fun in searching around endless mountains for people. You might know general locations and structure that people are sometimes at but alot of times its just a random steve running around in forest lost as can be. Why spend 30 minutes looking for people, getting refill once or twice when you could enjoy an intense fast paced game ;O

Idk what SG highway games you play in, but any time I play in them, the players who know what the are doing, are always going to either the farm area, or the construction area. Which are on the edges of the map.
This conversation isn't really going to go anywhere tho xD. It's all a matter of opinion. I'm just speaking on behalf of the majority. It has been a fact since the beginning of mcsg that the community prefers smaller maps over larger ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci