• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/SPEC in Battlegrounds

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright, people. About the forums god thing and all that, I just want to say, I do not even want to be close to considered as one, I'm just here to discuss matters, and have fun in the community while trying to help others. So no more "Miner is the next best" or "He's a forum god". I'm just an ordinary individual who likes to portray their opinion in a different way like everyone else. ;3

Anyways, about the spectate command...
I would think that the spectate command is something that could be extremely beneficial for many players. In a matter of fact, I think a spectate command will be useful for all kinds of gametypes in general. As previously stated before, Tiger and I have witnessed a handful of illegitimate players dominating the Battlegrounds game-type. We believed it unfair, and we have done our best to record them. However, the big issue was that despite our attempts of getting sufficient evidence of the few hackers in-game, we were unable to achieve the goal to actually recording them all.
This was because a vast amount of players have been surrounding one another, including us. And due to the amount of bashing we got; we were unable to actually obtain accurate evidence, due to the fact that we were being thrown around the map so much.

The spectator command is something that is quite useful towards looking among suspicious users that make the game unfair for us, personally benefiting themselves in a manner where it is strictly prohibited.
I can guarantee that I cannot see any flaws with this idea, however, there could potentially be some, so feel free to respond to my comment if you do. This idea could definitely benefit the player without having to abuse anything, nor having any issues with it.

I would like to say that having it as a command could potentially cause people to abuse it, because they could easily escape a battle by typing the command, thus making them invincible. Or it could lead them to easily flying to someone else, and kill them when they have the opportunity.

Instead, I would recommend placing signs at the mini-lobby where people are found right before they go into battle. Where it can say "Spectate mode", that way, people can right click it, and spectate from there, and they do not have to use any commands for it either. And if they wish to stop using spectate mode, and go back to battle, there will be conveniently placed signs for the spectators to fly up to, and are unreachable to normal players. They will right-click those signs, and be returned back to the mini-lobby.

Since it can be contradictory to the fact that hackers could potentially reach the unreachable signs to which will lead a spectator back to the mini-lobby, then it could help that the system can try to recognize who is in spectate mode and who isn't. And when it does recognize who isn't in "spectate mode", then it can simply state "You are not in spectate mode!".
However, if the signs get glitched, which causes the spectators to have trouble using the signs, then they can simply do /Spec off.
Those who do /Spec off and are normal players will simply get the message that they are not in spectate mode.

Hopefully this suggestion could be taken to consideration. If you do have any further questions to ask, feel free to respond here. Or private message me. c:

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Alright, people. About the forums god thing and all that, I just want to say, I do not even want to be close to considered as one, I'm just here to discuss matters, and have fun in the community while trying to help others. So no more "Miner is the next best" or "He's a forum god". I'm just an ordinary individual who likes to portray their opinion in a different way like everyone else. ;3

Anyways, about the spectate command...
I would think that the spectate command is something that could be extremely beneficial for many players. In a matter of fact, I think a spectate command will be useful for all kinds of gametypes in general. As previously stated before, Tiger and I have witnessed a handful of illegitimate players dominating the Battlegrounds game-type. We believed it unfair, and we have done our best to record them. However, the big issue was that despite our attempts of getting sufficient evidence of the few hackers in-game, we were unable to achieve the goal to actually recording them all.
This was because a vast amount of players have been surrounding one another, including us. And due to the amount of bashing we got; we were unable to actually obtain accurate evidence, due to the fact that we were being thrown around the map so much.

The spectator command is something that is quite useful towards looking among suspicious users that make the game unfair for us, personally benefiting themselves in a manner where it is strictly prohibited.
I can guarantee that I cannot see any flaws with this idea, however, there could potentially be some, so feel free to respond to my comment if you do. This idea could definitely benefit the player without having to abuse anything, nor having any issues with it.

I would like to say that having it as a command could potentially cause people to abuse it, because they could easily escape a battle by typing the command, thus making them invincible. Or it could lead them to easily flying to someone else, and kill them when they have the opportunity.

Instead, I would recommend placing signs at the mini-lobby where people are found right before they go into battle. Where it can say "Spectate mode", that way, people can right click it, and spectate from there, and they do not have to use any commands for it either. And if they wish to stop using spectate mode, and go back to battle, there will be conveniently placed signs for the spectators to fly up to, and are unreachable to normal players. They will right-click those signs, and be returned back to the mini-lobby.

Since it can be contradictory to the fact that hackers could potentially reach the unreachable signs to which will lead a spectator back to the mini-lobby, then it could help that the system can try to recognize who is in spectate mode and who isn't. And when it does recognize who isn't in "spectate mode", then it can simply state "You are not in spectate mode!".
However, if the signs get glitched, which causes the spectators to have trouble using the signs, then they can simply do /Spec off.
Those who do /Spec off and are normal players will simply get the message that they are not in spectate mode.

Hopefully this suggestion could be taken to consideration. If you do have any further questions to ask, feel free to respond here. Or private message me. c:
Indeed, this is true. I was too sleepy to write allll this. But thanks. Do I tag someone to have this read? Like Col_StaR ?

TheSoulOFXqer

Experienced
Reaction score
Check my signature :3
(I won bragging rights, and I haven't used them until recently)

I'm not familiar with Battlegrounds' commands, but if they don't have any sort of spectating system, then that is something that could be quite beneficial. It's no large secret that Battlegrounds has a notorious amount of hackers (I am reminded every time anyone talks about it), so an easier way for players to catch and record those hackers would be spectating.

Knowing as they already have a Spectating command within the Survival Games plugin, it shouldn't be too hard to implement and code.

+1
no

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci