• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo servers?

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I have thought of this before, but I ran into what I see as a major flaw, imagine how easy it would be to get away with hacking, if everyone looked the same, same name, completely hidden… Only problem I can see, but if they keep making it so people cannot hack as they are now (Regen hackers) then this could be great!
If you died it would say who actually killed you and what their real username is. This would be the only interval where you could see someone's name apart from winning and who you killed. Chat will show one person speaking really fast instead of different people speaking.
Yeah I mentioned that in the thread.

ValiantMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned that in the thread.
I'm not trying to pick holes in this idea, but it would also be very difficult to get proof of a person hacking, you would be unable you to record a guy walking on water or running very quickly! Although there is odiously ways to see there name at points it would make it harder for people to get proof, thus meaning less hackers reported, and inevitably more hackers :p Still, although I sound against the idea, I really like it and wish there was a way to make it work efficiently!
- Ryan

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not trying to pick holes in this idea, but it would also be very difficult to get proof of a person hacking, you would be unable you to record a guy walking on water or running very quickly! Although there is odiously ways to see there name at points it would make it harder for people to get proof, thus meaning less hackers reported, and inevitably more hackers :p Still, although I sound against the idea, I really like it and wish there was a way to make it work efficiently!
- Ryan
This might not work, but perhaps you could see people's actual names if you were a spectator? You could abuse this if you had a team of 3 (with one person speccing) but it's the best solution I could think of.

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
I really like this idea. I think it would be a great idea, and I would play it all the time. I would also like to see a few servers where the rules changed so you could only have a team of two, so that when playing alone you don't run into one of those clans of seven donors in full iron. ArgaJones You should bring this up to other staff members and see what they think...

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider it a ripoff since I never saw that thread, and the idea has already come about. Note how I cited servers like CaptainSparklez's etc, who have implemented this feature quite a while ago.
Either ways, I approve of this idea :)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I like these servers a lot. Your solution for hackers is smart too... except that you cannot record them; its hard to see who is who. Maybe spectators can see everyone normally and only people that died can see the game?

I like it though!

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
I like these servers a lot. Your solution for hackers is smart too... except that you cannot record them; its hard to see who is who. Maybe spectators can see everyone normally and only people that died can see the game?

I like it though!
I agree with that Idea. I really like it. Also, as an addition to the idea, if the single player servers idea doesn't work out, how hard would it be to just set aside 10 servers with a maximum team of 2 rule, or something like that? I'm fine with teaming or fighting against teams, but I get annoyed when people team in deathmatch and when clans go into a game with the intentions of wrecking all the players who are alone. The only thing you would need is to make it clear that teams may only be up to 2 players on that particular server, and then get mods on that server to kick anyone in a team of more than two. Just an idea...

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
When I first saw this thread, I instantly thought; m'There would still be secret teams.' But I'm glad you fixed that and have said to make everyone Chad's, with no-names or names though?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci