• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Recreation of the Survival server - Ideas and suggestions...

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have noticed recently to why the survival/factions server was shut down for quite a long time. But I believe that we should try to recreate the survival server, provide it a different purpose. What I would recommend is a survival S.M.P. What I can comprehend from this idea is that this is a survival S.M.P for those who wish to play the survival game mode privately with their friends and loved ones.

Here's the bit where we get to further speculation towards this idea... Knowing the fact that loads of Flame-wars happened in responsibility of groups against one another, and many threats, also the fact that it was pretty much really public about what went around. But what I suggest this time, is that the entity, (Player) spawns in a great, big spawn area. There, the entity can explore the things it provides, like shops, warps, and maybe food collectors. However, in the main area, it will state if you are willing to create a personal survival world for you. And then when you do create the survival world, you will be able to practically make your own place, or community. You can invite other players, friends, relatives, or even strangers that can risk griefing your place! And overall it would seem it would be a lot of fun, that is from my perspective. Otherwise, if you wish to challenge other opposing communities, you can fight it out in a certain arena where it is possible to lose your items, but you can make friendly battles as well. But overall, we can try to lower the risks of beginning flame-wars between communities or other individuals. This is by giving the choice to the community to how they want their survival world to be like. Also, the entity could also partake in various different worlds, and he/she will be able to keep track of the worlds they are allowed to go in to by warping there using a certain command.

However, there may be certain disadvantages, there could be many more risks for hackers to participate, and this could be a place for hideout for them, as it will be difficult for moderators to check the correct world to which they reside in. But hopefully solutions and ideas will be made, and we can be able to prevent that. Also, since there could be a possibility of having a vast amount of worlds at once, it would cause the whole server to be a little laggy because of all the memory being taken up. However that will hopefully change, or never happen.

This is merely one idea, I may edit this again if I come across any more ideas, otherwise, you can leave other suggestions below or post your opinion and see what you think about my main idea. But overall, I am quite ambitious to bringing back Survival, I think we should vary the way it is provided for us as a community. Hopefully we'll see if we can make changes for that in the 1.8 update. Maybe things will be a little more interesting.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea, but it would be impossible to make a strong enough server to have thousands of people playing on their own world at the same time.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
As MoLoToV said that many worlds would be insane and eat up the ram so quick the server would cease to function with a decent amount of players on. It is just not a feasible option however it is an interesting idea so keep thinking and who knows you could help create a great idea.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have actually been thinking about it lately, and now it seems as if it is indeed near impossible to make many worlds at once, so what I can now propose is just simply a worldwide SMP, where everyone can just do whatever they can for survival, however... We might not really need the typical Factions plugins anymore and groups and all that, because it does seem that there does tend to seem to have a lot of flame wars over that. Also, we can disable PvP if any means necessary, otherwise we can enable PvP and hope for the best, or there could be two worlds in Survival. The first world could have PvP enabled, the second world could have PvP disabled. Take Runescape the MMoRPG for an example, there is this game called clan wars, as so I can recall, there are two portals that lead to different rules of how the game works, the first portal is that if you die in the battlefield, you don't lose any items, however in the other portal you lose all of your items if you die. We can also apply the same rule here for Survival. Also, there is the well known issue to where people will tend to grief maps and just simply destroy everything around them. Pillaring and exploding the land. We can reset the world in a certain amount of time as I mean we can reset the world every 1 month or so. Which would be recommended because having bases with loads of loot does tend to get boring overtime, so it gives the opportunity for members of the community to start fresh. I do have some design ideas and other things we can include if you wish to continue to further the development of the Survival server.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci