• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Q&A followup from with me (10/17/2015) and info on the next one!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Q: How old are you?
A: 25
I had a good laugh seeing that in the middle of all the serious questions.

Anyway, for all of you community members or even staff members who have lost hope- don't. We promise to bring our A game and provide the best server possible.

The Senior Staff is listening, we may not always say things publically but we are working on things.

Mitchblur

Spectator
Reaction score
Don't move the AU servers to Melbourne! That's a ridiculous idea. People who live in the lower half of Australia would have a huge advantage over anyone who lives towards the top of Australia (ME!) At the moment, the servers are hosted in Sydney, and that seems as fair as it can get right now, people from most parts of Australia have more equal ping this way. I don't see any good reason to move the servers to the very bottom of the country away from every single capital city, except Melbourne. This would dramatically affect the amount of satisfaction people living in the north of Australia would have.

I see absolutely no good reason to move the AU servers further south into Melbourne, if any staff or players do see a good, LEGITIMATE, reason to do so, please enlighten me, however I doubt you could convince me it's a good idea. I strongly believe that is one of the worst things that you could possibly do to the Australian servers.

Friiday

Experienced
Reaction score
Loved this Q&A! I found it very interesting and is definitely worth attending if your available and your not doing much! xD I'm looking forward to the next Q&A session! :D

CarrotTop

Quantum
Reaction score
Look forward to the next Q&A. It's a really great idea and helps connect to the community and possibly hear what everyone wants on the server. It gives us ways to improve :D

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
Thank you for the updates!
There are some changes I'm quite excited for, but a couple that I'm a little anxious about.
Anyway, can't wait for the next Q&A! Hopefully I have my PC by then.

Last edited:

Rhu

Diamond
Reaction score
  • Q: Will you be fixing the FNS glitch?
A: This was fixed in a recent update. All development updates are posted in the development changelog, which is found on the forums. See:http://www.mcgamer.net/forums/development-changelog.196/

The flint and steel is not fully fixed. Most of the time the FnS doesn't actually place. Likewise for shooting the bow and breaking leaves

• Q: Will older, popular and nostalgic maps such as Wyverns Wake and Rugged Lands ever be returning?
    A: When it comes to maps, things can come and go. Soon older maps people want to see on the network again will be returning, alternating each week. // The thing with popularity with a lot of maps is that they rise and fall. A lot of the time maps that may be popular at one point, may not be later. This is why we implemented our featured map selection in game to show off certain maps, and it will be used in an advertisement. sense to see both of those (and other popular maps historically) make a come back. If you want to see these maps make a more prevalent return, play on them a lot. We track the player data and view regularly, and if the trends show that these are well received, they will be returned.
I don't understand why certain maps were removed a while back. For example, 'Icarus' (The original one), It was replaced by 'Icarus fallen'. A much less user friendly map, mostly because of FPS. This lag is due to the item frames scattered everywhere around the map. Maps like 'Icarus' were removed when they were highly popular. Ever since the new 'Icarus Fallen' was released, it has become underplayed and neglected (Compared to the first Icarus). This applies to many more classic maps, and some should be added back.

• Q: I don’t like how the sidebar with all of the server information looks.
    A: It's necessary for us to have the sidebar for moderation purposes; however, you can use "/sidebar minimize" to reduce it to the smallest size we can make it while preserving the information we need. We will as well be looking into alternative solutions for better aesthetic control.

I agree with the IGN at the top, as obviously it helps the moderators know who was playing the game if they recorded it. But it is the size that annoys me and other users. The sidebar is a massive monstrosity, full of information that doesn't need to take anywhere near as much space for the information on it. The IGN section of the current sidebar is massive, and doesn't have much to do with my game play. It should take up less space likewise for the IP of the server. I know you are always telling people to use the "/sidebar minimize" command. But I deliberately ignore it because almost all the information to do with the game is hidden. Such as 'Players' and 'Spectators'. Though spectators isn't a big deal, it is something I would like to know without having to type '/list' I would much prefer a quicker way to access this information without having to look in chat. You should minimize the space used to display the information you have added to the newer sidebar. Many older players also liked the colour scheme of the older sidebar and thought it looked nice. Though the newer sidebar doesn't look bad, it is too spacious and doesn't look as clean as the older one.

Just felt like brushing up some of these things, and sharing what I, and some of my older MCSG friends feel about some of these topics. I'm glad you shared some of the QnA questions with some of us who couldn't make it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci