• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PVP tricks (Featuring Huahwi's Video as Reference)

Mini_Curly

Diamond
Reaction score
Using Swords:
When using a sword, there are 3 strategies that can really improve your pvp techniques.
-Block Hitting (right click and left click mouse at same time; reduces almost half the damage when opponents hit is blocked)
-Strafing (move side to side when fighting; makes it harder for the opponent to hit you)
-Critical Hitting (jumping and when you're falling you hit and adds extra damage; I find this one extremely helpful)

Using a Bow:
I am fairly good at using a bow, and that is mostly because I've had lots of practice and can easily guess the opponent's next move. When you are using a bow, it is best to pull all the way back to reach the max damage it will do on a hit. When you only pull it back once or twice, the damage will do near to nothing.

Using the Fishing Rod:
If you want to become a decent PVPer, you will have to learn the fishing rod technique. When you are moving towards a player, when they turn to fight you, simply throw your rod at them and it will knock them back - making it hard for them to hit you and you will easily get a combo.

Using Flint n Steel:
Flint n Steel is extremely helpful when taking on teams. I highly suggest you have your flint n steel next to your sword in your hotbar. In result, you will be able to quickly switch from your sword to flint n steel so they don't know the fire is coming. Good players know how to dodge a flint n steel, so you will have to hide it.

Inventory Set-Up: (My inventory)
1st slot: Sword
2nd slot: Fishing Rod
3rd slot: Bow
4th-8th slot: Food or access flint n steel
9th slot: Flint n Steel
Most good players have a similar hotbar, most have their flint n steel in their second slot but it is hard to me to pull of combos with my keys because I have a crappy computer and keyboard.

I hope this somewhat helped, I am going to put Huahwi's pvp tricks video here so you can have visual reference. Thanks, hope this helped!

StanMiniShow

Career
Reaction score
Nice one! I knew every single one of these, but there are days when it's not your day for PVP. :oops::p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci