• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PvP Advice

Apfy

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi, progolfer1313 here, and today I am going to attempt to help you with pvp skills. Now first off I know im not the best person to get advice on pvp from since I am not the best myself but I guarantee you that this thread will help in at least a little way. I have separated it into a few different sections: Water pvp, Land pvp, Bow, Strafe

WATER PVP:
Ok so when your in that situation on breeze island when you cant run away from a fight because there's a team try Harding you in the water this is what you should try to do. The trick to water pvp is for sword fighting you always want to get under the person, what I usually do is swim to the bottom of the water and hit up at the person when they try to attack down on me. Once you get low from swordfighting the person you should always try to have a fishing rod and a bow because when you get low you can either fishing rod them away to regenerate or you can shoot them with a bow. I guarantee this will get you better at water fights.

LAND PVP:
As you already can guess land pvp is very different from water pvp. What you want to do on land is have at least even gear or if it has to be worse then slightly worse gear and basically you always want to get behind the person and hit them because when they turn to try to attack you, you move with them so they stay in front of you and get little or no hits. And if you get low if you don't have a fishing rod then never go into the water the person will jump off land and kill you instead eat a gold apple when you have time or just keep running until you regenerate half hearts because every time you regenerate they do to.

BOW:
The trick to bow fighting is basically the angle you have to consider dimensions say the person is running to your left you always have to remember that he will still move so you should always aim the bow a little more to the left then the person your trying to hit and always aim above the persona little bit because the arrow has a down draft. You will not hit every shot but this is basically what you do when you shoot a bow in regular situations. There is also a thing called trick shotting. This occurs when you are running from somebody and want to get quick bow shots on them. What you want to do here is make sure the person is far enough away that you can actually get the shot and you also have to have quick reflexes because the person wont stop running after you and you need to have the time to pull back your bow enough to do considerable damage but still shift to your sword if needed and also run away.

STRAFE:
Strafing is one of the most popular ways to land fight and if you can do it, it is very helpful in land pvp. To strafe you must run to the side of the person you are attacking and get quick sword hits in without them hitting you this can be tricky if you do not have quick reflexes because the person can easily turn around and hit you after you hit them or they could outstrafe you. So always be careful when using this strategy.

Well that's about it I hope this helps all of you people out there, Again I know it isn't the best but please still take time to at least check it out. Thanks and have a nice day. :)

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wait... are you the progolfer from MCSGv1? You I heard you say that you quit a bit after I started playing.

Reaction score
This info is decent, but the strong case of run-on sentences may confuse younger players. Also, my own input; when fighting in the water, the fishing rod is only used to propel/boost players, it wont draw them towards you. When on land, strafing is a great tactic, and you should never stop strafing, and remember to change directions occasionally. The opponent will eventually catch on, so switching directions helps. Lastly, more in detail about bows. Shoot about 3 to 5 blocks in front of a sprinting player, though angle will depend on their distance from you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci