• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PSA - Account Security

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm saying, staff are responsible if their accounts are hacked (I may be wrong, don't quote me on this), I fail to see why players shouldn't be held accountable either. It's not our fault your account is insecure.
Oh, okay. I understand what you are getting at now.

I totally get y'all's position. I do, really. It just seems unfair to me that the players have to suffer for something they didn't do. Obviously, the rule won't be changing anytime soon, but it's still something that I'd like to see change.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I understand what you are getting at now.

I totally get y'all's position. I do, really. It just seems unfair to me that the players have to suffer for something they didn't do. Obviously, the rule won't be changing anytime soon, but it's still something that I'd like to see change.
According to other posts I've seen, players are unbanned if their IP's come up as different. Not sure though. I'm sure you'd know that information far better than me due to your previous staff status here at MCG.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
According to other posts I've seen, players are unbanned if their IP's come up as different. Not sure though. I'm sure you'd know that information far better than me due to your previous staff status here at MCG.
Yeah, I had said something along the lines of that earlier. When a player comes to Sr. Staff with a potential case, they can check the IP list and the dates to see if the player's story matches up with the data. If the hacker's IP and date logged in differs from the player's last login time and IP, they can unban. I'm pretty sure it still works the same way from when I was a member of the Sr. Staff team, but then again I could be wrong.

CynicalUSClan

Survivor
Reaction score
lol once when i was 9 this guy said hed buy donor for me if i gave him my password, and then i didnt have access for my account for 2 weeks .-.

NotTheRatio

Survivor
Reaction score
Before you begin reading this thread, please keep in mind of the following:
MCGamer is
NOT and CANNOT be held accountable for your account if it was hacked and/or stolen. You are responsible for your account(s) and if they are compromised, we are not held responsible for that.

If your account has been hacked, please keep in mind that that is NOT an excuse to get yourself unbanned.
HAHA k

With my saying that, that means the "hacker" wins.

Last edited:

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
I've had my account hacked before... Thankfully the hacker didn't have any malicious intentions, he only wanted to screw with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci