• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PSA - Account Security

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I meant it in the sense that you are you responsible in the sense that your account is your account. Know who you can and cannot trust. If you give your login information to a so-called 'friend' and they end up hacking and get you banned, you are held responsible for that and will not be able to be unbanned.
I personally disagree. I believe that if the user did not hack, then the user should not be banned. This has been my position since the rule was put into place, way back in the day. In addition, there are different types of "hacking". A user could have a very easy password to guess, or the hacker is simply a very smart person with a lot of fancy software. There is more than one type of "hacking", and not all of them should result in the victim suffering.

Rektless

Career
Reaction score
I shouldn't be responsible for my account getting hacked! I'm not doing the action and I'm not aware of it.

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
I shouldn't be responsible for my account getting hacked! I'm not doing the action and I'm not aware of it.
I meant it in the sense that you are you responsible in the sense that your account is your account. Know who you can and cannot trust. If you give your login information to a so-called 'friend' and they end up hacking and get you banned, you are held responsible for that and will not be able to be unbanned.
^^

Juan

Platinum
Reaction score
i just wish i could get my donor transfred since i got hacked :/

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's what I was talking about earlier. I don't believe that one should be banned for something he has no control over.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
None of our Moderators or Sr. Mod's have gotten their accounts hacked. I'm confused as to why you believe you can make an argument out of something that hasn't happened.

Completely unjust, that said, I've got homework to do.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
None of our Moderators or Sr. Mod's have gotten their accounts hacked. I'm confused as to why you believe you can make an argument out of something that hasn't happened.

Completely unjust, that said, I've got homework to do.
Am I missing something here? When did he say something about the staff team having their accounts hacked ._.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? When did he say something about the staff team having their accounts hacked ._.
I'm saying, staff are responsible if their accounts are hacked (I may be wrong, don't quote me on this), I fail to see why players shouldn't be held accountable either. It's not our fault your account is insecure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci