• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pole- Do you think when people die, it should say who died in the chat?

Do you think when people die, it should say who died in the chat?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrRandomnater

Platinum
Reaction score
Do you think when people die, it should say who died in the chat? I think they should as when I'm playing and I hear the "cannon" I'm not sure if my friend died or someone else died. ITS ANNOYINGo_O!

Please answer and hopefully they will add it in :D:)

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
No ty. Well known people in the community like Youtubers will get people spamming the chat with GG by lots of the server when they die.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
We once had this, it was annoying really, it's better like this.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I know we once had this, and idk, I liked it better that way instead of having to constantly type /list to see if a friend or somebody you're teaming with has died
You can also use tab, much easier :3
Do you know why they took it out? if so please reply back :)
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was partly what Brandon6895 said, people would get abused, and I know, you could disguise, but disguises get busted very easily.

Also another thing they wanted, was to get the old feel back, in The Hunger Games book, you wouldn't know who died until the night, and I think the death message would be too easy I guess you could say.

MrRandomnater

Platinum
Reaction score
You can also use tab, much easier :3

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was partly what Brandon6895 said, people would get abused, and I know, you could disguise, but disguises get busted very easily.

Also another thing they wanted, was to get the old feel back, in The Hunger Games book, you wouldn't know who died until the night, and I think the death message would be too easy I guess you could say.
ok seems legit
thnx for that

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I believe this has already been said once in this thread, but just to explain further:
MCSG tries to keep some features as close to the Hunger Games book as they can, within reason. Having death messages might be a tiny bit more practical, but then again it's not really hard to figure out who dies - just check who's spectating or left recently.
You can find out the order in which people die at the Cornucopia Refill, and just everyone's names in general.
Having it say who died when would be something that the Hunger Games didn't originally have, which is why the feature was changed.
Edit: Also, I believe it was originally how it is now, but earlier in V2 they changed it.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think it should, since we already have the ability to see who's still in with the tab feature, we can see who died without having to check it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci