• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Please disable the anti cheat! - (Read the Thread!) - Poll!

Should the anti cheat be in passive mode only?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ever since MCGamer came back, I have noticed it has some kind of a new anti cheat system that directly interferes with players. If the anti cheat assumes the player is hacking it will remove him from the play or the player will be pushed back if his movements are illegal. (I can't even remember how many times have I been pushed back by the anti cheat since the reboot of the server.)

The problem with this approach is that the anti cheat directly interferes with the actual gameplay. Most of the time its the legit player getting pushed back while running from an enemy. The actual hackers are hackers and they will find an option in the hacked client to easily bypass the anti cheat, leaving us legit players to suffer from this new anti cheat.

I am creating this poll in order to change the anti cheat behavior, until the anti cheat gets better in making correct decisions. I want to switch the anti cheat into the mode in which it passively collects data and does not ever interfere with the actual gameplay. Back in the days it was all passive and I as a moderator used to catch hackers almost non stop.

(The current anti cheat is way too much untested and I have a feeling it should not be tested publicly.)

Everyone is frustrated at this point and I know people will complain about hackers if the anti cheat goes into passive mode but honestly this is just unplayable. End of the story.

REVER5E

Spectator
Reaction score
Everyone is frustrated at this point and I know people will complain about hackers if the anti cheat goes into passive mode
Funnily enough, even the most blatant cheaters don't get banned or kicked by it (besides fly and insane speed/bhop), not to mention that ghost clients with very blatant settings (we're talking 4+ blocks of reach and 0 kb) don't get detected at all. Turning the anticheat into passive mode would have zero impact on the hacker situation as staff usually get rid of them relatively quickly. Modern clients have developed bypasses for various NCP-based anticheats at least 5 years ago and most of them still work just fine on MCSG, I won't be surprised if Nodus or Huzuni still bypass it.

I definitely support this idea as it would make the server a lot more enjoyable than it is right now. "Cheat blocker" is not a viable way to go.

Last edited:

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Funnily enough, even the most blatant cheaters don't get banned or kicked by it (besides fly and insane speed/bhop), not to mention that ghost clients with very blatant settings (we're talking 4+ blocks of reach and 0 kb) don't get detected at all. Turning the anticheat into passive mode would have zero impact on the hacker situation as staff usually get rid of them relatively quickly. Modern clients have developed bypasses for various NCP-based anticheats at least 5 years ago and most of them still work just fine on MCSG, I won't be surprised if Nodus or Huzuni still bypass it.

I definitely support this idea as it would make the server a lot more enjoyable than it is right now. "Cheat blocker" is not a viable way to go.
I have my doubts there's much beyond stock NCP with the settings turned all the way up. /ncp is a useable command
seems like the only other "nocheat" feature is the in-chest killaura detector
i will purchase premium if they remove/fix the anticheat no cap that's the only thing holding me back from wasting my money

Last edited:

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
can the devs like
touch base with the community
and listen to us please
I agree with you, the devs should touch base with the community, and hopefully MCGamer will implement a system soon enough so devs can freely talk to the community without getting massive amounts of backlash. About the anti-cheat. Turning off the anti-cheat has been something I and a few other mods have brought up, and has been considered due to the constant requests for it to be turned off. Now with the little I understand, I honestly agree the anti-cheat should be turned off, and from what I can tell other mods do too. Obviously though, things take time, and I highly doubt the anti-cheat will be turned off in the next 2-3 days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is turned off in the next couple weeks to test. Just know we hear your opinions and concerns along with witnessing and experiencing them ourselves. After all, everyone wants to see MCSG succeed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci