• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping discussions....

PeppiCola

Survivor
Reaction score
Alright, at this point, I'm kind of tired of calling BiboyQG and Solrflare (others that live close to Arizona) pingers. Honestly, on MCSG, everyone basically has the same ping. On EU servers, I can still reach about just as far as on US and I get about 140 ping to EU servers. Same goes for AU and CA. I get the same reach... so I don't think ping will get you farther reach or any advantage. They aren't pingers... technically everyone is. I'm not sure, but I think MCSG has a plugin to make everyone have the same reach (except for hackers of course). Calling someone a pinger on MCSG is another excuse for saying you just got rekt. Honestly I'm sick of people complaining after they die "Dang pinger" or any other excuse having to do with you being a pinger. People call pingers "bad" or say they have "no skill" because of ping. What I'm trying to say is that basically everyone has the same reach no matter how much ping/connection you have (except for hackers). The word "pinger" shouldn't even be a word on MCSG. Also, a lot of the top players or top pvpers are considered as pingers or hackers which is very.... well... If I were a top player I wouldn't want to have my skill blamed as ping or hacks!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Uhhh, idk how the whole ping thing worked/works, but as a mediocre player I could still win. Not now though...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Finally, somebody who seems to get it. A players skill outweighs their ping by 1000000000 times. Yes, if you live super close to the Arizona host it may help you, but if your ping anywhere between 40-50 and 130-140 you have no reason to complain. Heck, I play most of my games on EU nowadays which I have 110 ping to and haven't encountered any real problems. As long as you play in your respective regions, ping is not to be a problem.

Summary: If you have five bars, you're fine.

iJuke

Quantum
Reaction score
Finally, somebody who seems to get it. A players skill outweighs their ping by 1000000000 times. Yes, if you live super close to the Arizona host it may help you, but if your ping anywhere between 40-50 and 130-140 you have no reason to complain. Heck, I play most of my games on EU nowadays which I have 110 ping to and haven't encountered any real problems. As long as you play in your respective regions, ping is not to be a problem.

Summary: If you have five bars, you're fine.
Wise words have been spoken

jgraceffa29

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright, at this point, I'm kind of tired of calling BiboyQG and Solrflare (others that live close to Arizona) pingers. Honestly, on MCSG, everyone basically has the same ping. On EU servers, I can still reach about just as far as on US and I get about 140 ping to EU servers. Same goes for AU and CA. I get the same reach... so I don't think ping will get you farther reach or any advantage. They aren't pingers... technically everyone is. I'm not sure, but I think MCSG has a plugin to make everyone have the same reach (except for hackers of course). Calling someone a pinger on MCSG is another excuse for saying you just got rekt. Honestly I'm sick of people complaining after they die "Dang pinger" or any other excuse having to do with you being a pinger. People call pingers "bad" or say they have "no skill" because of ping. What I'm trying to say is that basically everyone has the same reach no matter how much ping/connection you have (except for hackers). The word "pinger" shouldn't even be a word on MCSG. Also, a lot of the top players or top pvpers are considered as pingers or hackers which is very.... well... If I were a top player I wouldn't want to have my skill blamed as ping or hacks!
I'm pretty sure ping depends on the location. If youre closer to the mcgamer host location you would have better ping. If your connection is really good you will have better ping. It is kind of annoying when people call you a "pinger" even if you cant help it but at this point you have to deal with it. It happens a lot but... what can you do...

PeppiCola

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure ping depends on the location. If youre closer to the mcgamer host location you would have better ping. If your connection is really good you will have better ping. It is kind of annoying when people call you a "pinger" even if you cant help it but at this point you have to deal with it. It happens a lot but... what can you do...
Exactly man... that makes so much sense!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci