• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping discussions....

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I'm a US player but I mostly play on AU now and I find I can get the same hits as I do on US. There really isn't much of a difference. It's more of a matter of how you use your skills within the game rather than what ping you have.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Having good ping can undeniably provide you with an advantage but skill is still much more important than ping.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
ping is just delay, not longer reach, and also it's a pathetic excuse for being bad. thx u for this thread

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
If someone has 30 ping or lower, and I have 120 (both US), how is that the same?
He means there is little to no advantage.

The reduced knockback/misplacement of higher ping balances out the lower hit delay of lower ping. Sometimes, higher ping can be advantageous compared to lower ping, if utilized correctly.

Last edited:

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
In summary, ping doesn't matter, it's about how good you actually are. I get 25/26 ping on EU and people beat me a lot on fights because I've recently started playing MCSG a lot again.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright, at this point, I'm kind of tired of calling BiboyQG and Solrflare (others that live close to Arizona) pingers. Honestly, on MCSG, everyone basically has the same ping. On EU servers, I can still reach about just as far as on US and I get about 140 ping to EU servers. Same goes for AU and CA. I get the same reach... so I don't think ping will get you farther reach or any advantage. They aren't pingers... technically everyone is. I'm not sure, but I think MCSG has a plugin to make everyone have the same reach (except for hackers of course). Calling someone a pinger on MCSG is another excuse for saying you just got rekt. Honestly I'm sick of people complaining after they die "Dang pinger" or any other excuse having to do with you being a pinger. People call pingers "bad" or say they have "no skill" because of ping. What I'm trying to say is that basically everyone has the same reach no matter how much ping/connection you have (except for hackers). The word "pinger" shouldn't even be a word on MCSG. Also, a lot of the top players or top pvpers are considered as pingers or hackers which is very.... well... If I were a top player I wouldn't want to have my skill blamed as ping or hacks!
I agree with this so much.

The only issue with this is, there are some instances where someone has 30ms and you have 100, and they get a triple hit on you..and you're basically done with. Not saying he's been a pinger, that term is quite silly, since no one can control their ping.

Jorrdan

Survivor
Reaction score
If you understand the basic mechanics of PvP then ping shouldn't matter. Imo a player who understand the game better will always beat someone with low ping. At then end of the day pvp comes down to playing and understanding pvp itself rather than connection especially with mcsg using 1.7 now.

PeppiCola

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with this so much.

The only issue with this is, there are some instances where someone has 30ms and you have 100, and they get a triple hit on you..and you're basically done with. Not saying he's been a pinger, that term is quite silly, since no one can control their ping.
IKR! If you have 10 ping, you can't control it. You are auto-matically called a pinger for having good ping that you cannot control. Its quite annoying. I have about 40-50 ping to MCSG us and I sometimes even get called a pinger whenever I combo someone! Its quite insane...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci