• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to bring back Demons Breeze

Should they bring back Demons Breeze?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Firstly I want to bring up a point fuzypoo brought up "The community plays these maps much more than the people who decide the fate of the maps." This is untrue, you are forgetting that the committee is a part of the community aswell, we have been on the servers for a long period so we do have a good overview of the maps and how the community feels about things.

I do see that Demons Breeze does have a lot of fans but a lot of people also didn't like the map, it is easy to generalize the opinions of the many by saying "The community wants this" but noone truely knows the feelings of the whole community, as the map committee we do the best to be fair to the whole community not just the few who voice themselves as the whole community. There was a lot of negativity towards demons breeze as it is easy to die from being hit into lava (an aspect which some people like but some dislike) and personally I felt the map wasn't up to the standard of map we are aiming for so I agree for it being removed. Also I feel polls don't really work for the matter as not everyone votes in them so it doesnt provide a voice of the whole community.

So bringing demons breeze back? I personally would not back this in any way as I feel we should be going for a higher standard of map such as Origins and Remnant which were recently added which give a decent gameplay aspect while also looking excellent. Obviously this is just my personal opinion, but this whole thread is very biased in its outlook so before you try to contradict any opinions I personally have, I would appreciate if you address it in an unbiased format.
You may have played these maps a lot, however, the amount of players playing MCSG has grown substantially in the past few months. With this increase in players brings a change of opinion in the community. Yes, players may have wanted Demon's Breeze gone in the past, however, that is not the case now. Players' opinions change so why would we take out a map that was hated several months ago, but it liked by the majority now? I just feel there should be a polling of some sort rather than an unexpected deletion. Also, I would be willing to bet Demon's Breeze would get picked over Origins or Remnant. Origins and Remnant (especially Remnant) hardly ever get picked in the lobbies. From my perspective, I feel like most players do not like playing drawn out matches which the new maps lead to. However, this is just my opinion.

I don't feel this thread is biased at all. Philly may have helped make some of the maps, however, many people are supporting him. It's not about who makes the thread. Look how many people support it.

As for "higher standard of map," what standards are we going by? From my experience, I personally enjoyed Demon's Breeze a whole lot more than any of the newer maps. Who cares what map looks better? If the gameplay is more entertaining in one map, than it should be considered "higher standard." MCSG is about having fun, not a building contest.

For the topic on having it re-added, there are two options:
  • Have Demon's Breeze replace Breeze Island.
  • Have an original map made based off of the idea of Demon's Breeze with the same gameplay aspects in mind be added in place of Demon's Breeze (this was the original plan and the map was half-finished, but the owner of the map left recently on a 2 year LOA, forgetting to give us the map).
These are the only compromises we as the map committee can make when it comes to this map.
Is this even a compromise? xD These "compromises" make no sense to me. Why must one go? As I've stated before, who cares if they are somewhat the same? Players want to play the maps they have more fun playing.

ok im saying this from the administration demons breeze will NOT be added back unless breeze island is removed end of discussion and there is no way i am being biesed with this as i helped a lot with demons breeze but simple fact is they are the same map and we do not have 2 of the same map on our servers and as i have said no matter what you say that will not change
Have you considered asking the MCSG community if the two maps are the same? The map committee may feel like they are the same, but I can gaurantee the majority of MCSG players do not feel the same. Community > Map committee (No offense of course). It just hurts to see that a small group of people is solely deciding the fate of a great map rather than including the community. I know there may have been polls in the past saying otherwise, however, the present is the present, and it seems like most players do not want the map removed.

I would have thought out better responses to all of the quotes, but I am short on time. Please consider what I have said for I feel like many people support these arguments.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They are barely the same map, Demons is so different from Breeze. Demons was voted a lot, and people actually PLAYED it unlike maps such as Fallen Empire, Fortress Pyke, SG3, TSG1 and 3 etc. It was the only map that played it's part and that you could get killed by the environment, which made the game much more fun and interesting. It gave people a challenge. I'd like to see the reasoning behind this and perhaps take a vote between Demons and Breeze and put a 'Why not both?' option. See what the community thinks.
Fortress Pyke is amazing so no.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
For the topic on having it re-added, there are two options:
  • Have Demon's Breeze replace Breeze Island.
  • Have an original map made based off of the idea of Demon's Breeze with the same gameplay aspects in mind be added in place of Demon's Breeze (this was the original plan and the map was half-finished, but the owner of the map left recently on a 2 year LOA, forgetting to give us the map).
These are the only compromises we as the map committee can make when it comes to this map.
Okay, I know this one is going to be a tough one for you but... why? I've noticed many aspects of the MCGamer community are very strict in the way that they handle these things. I don't understand why though, its freaking minecraft; so why, oh why do you act like you're making the rules for an SAT? Is there a map committee constitution that we are all unaware of? Because if so I'd like to amend this thing and for you to show me Article one: Section three where it states the logic you're using. So there's a problem with keeping a map exactly how it is but none with slightly changing the appearance slapping on a new name and keeping it with the exact same gameplay? Heck, I'd love to make an alternate Demon's because it'd bring back my favorite map and stamp a pretty purple name on me. the problem is that is stupid and pointless just bring the freaking map back.

Now to be honest I'd suggest a poll to remove one or the other seeing as it's "completely necessary" because I absolutely loathe Breeze Island but I know it would win. All of our graceful noobs love that map because they last so long on it using their ability to swim for thirty minutes. You can't win against the noobs as they make up the heaviest proportion of our community. Not saying you need to be a noob to enjoy breeze as you can easily form a strategy on it yourself but most noobs like it. Look at it this way, if you ask me what I like more, ice cream or cake I'm going to say ice cream. Does that mean I don't like cake? Heck no cake is the bomb I just enjoy ice cream more. But they're both desserts why not throw them out? Uh no, hon throw the ice cream on the cake and you've created something even more beautiful.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
You may have played these maps a lot, however, the amount of players playing MCSG has grown substantially in the past few months. With this increase in players brings a change of opinion in the community. Yes, players may have wanted Demon's Breeze gone in the past, however, that is not the case now. Players' opinions change so why would we take out a map that was hated several months ago, but it liked by the majority now? I just feel there should be a polling of some sort rather than an unexpected deletion. Also, I would be willing to bet Demon's Breeze would get picked over Origins or Remnant. Origins and Remnant (especially Remnant) hardly ever get picked in the lobbies. From my perspective, I feel like most players do not like playing drawn out matches which the new maps lead to. However, this is just my opinion.

I don't feel this thread is biased at all. Philly may have helped make some of the maps, however, many people are supporting him. It's not about who makes the thread. Look how many people support it.

As for "higher standard of map," what standards are we going by? From my experience, I personally enjoyed Demon's Breeze a whole lot more than any of the newer maps. Who cares what map looks better? If the gameplay is more entertaining in one map, than it should be considered "higher standard." MCSG is about having fun, not a building contest.

Is this even a compromise? xD These "compromises" make no sense to me. Why must one go? As I've stated before, who cares if they are somewhat the same? Players want to play the maps they have more fun playing.

Have you considered asking the MCSG community if the two maps are the same? The map committee may feel like they are the same, but I can gaurantee the majority of MCSG players do not feel the same. Community > Map committee (No offense of course). It just hurts to see that a small group of people is solely deciding the fate of a great map rather than including the community. I know there may have been polls in the past saying otherwise, however, the present is the present, and it seems like most players do not want the map removed.

I would have thought out better responses to all of the quotes, but I am short on time. Please consider what I have said for I feel like many people support these arguments.
Philly67 Sorry I was told you worked on it, I tried to verify it but I was ignored on TS (classic)

in regards to fuzypoo where you were talking about what standards are we going by, we are pushing for maps with great looks and also great gameplay such as Origins, it is easy to say a map is voted more often that others but it is impossible to back up. You questioned the way we feel about maps and said the community feels differently but this isn't something you can back up as its an opinion not a fact, just as we have an opinion of how the community feels, you also have an opinion, so you can't say ours is wrong and yours is right. you said "it just hurts to see that a small group of people is solely deciding the fate of a great map", you do know that previously it was up to even fewer people to decide, but now there is a group of trusted members of the community to help decide, its a step in the right direction, whether you think it or not. Anyways you are wasting your time trying to argue this point as Dave already posted his final decision, only one of demons breeze and breeze island can be on the server, and i'm pretty sure Breeze would win the vote.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Anyways you are wasting your time trying to argue this point as Dave already posted his final decision, only one of demons breeze and breeze island can be on the server, and i'm pretty sure Breeze would win the vote.
Why? Besides that it is based off Breeze and it's too similar, as that can be easily disputed

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Anyways you are wasting your time trying to argue this point as Dave already posted his final decision, only one of demons breeze and breeze island can be on the server, and i'm pretty sure Breeze would win the vote.
I just don't understand why Dave's decision out ways the majority of the community.
Sure he's an admin but this decision should be based off what the community wants and if the majority want it to stay then why fight it?
ChadTheDJ could you comment please

iShowny

Survivor
Reaction score
ok im saying this from the administration demons breeze will NOT be added back unless breeze island is removed end of discussion and there is no way i am being biesed with this as i helped a lot with demons breeze but simple fact is they are the same map and we do not have 2 of the same map on our servers and as i have said no matter what you say that will not change
In the long run, decisions like this will hurt MCSG not help it. The fact that you call them the same map is rather strange as well. As administrators, I would hope the best interest of the MCSG Community would be put first. If the community wants both maps, why not let them have it? As I said before, I want the community to grow and be happy.

RIP demons breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci