• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to bring back Demons Breeze

Should they bring back Demons Breeze?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
I hate this map IMO. But it was defitnely better than some others on the MCGamer network right now though.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ok im saying this from the administration demons breeze will NOT be added back unless breeze island is removed end of discussion and there is no way i am being biesed with this as i helped a lot with demons breeze but simple fact is they are the same map and we do not have 2 of the same map on our servers and as i have said no matter what you say that will not change

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
ok im saying this from the administration demons breeze will NOT be added back unless breeze island is removed end of discussion and there is no way i am being biesed with this as i helped a lot with demons breeze but simple fact is they are the same map and we do not have 2 of the same map on our servers and as i have said no matter what you say that will not change
Remove Breeze then, I'd rather Demons. Maybe make a poll?

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The community likes both, so why can't both be on the servers? Plus, the differences between the two have already been stated, virtually making it a completely different map.

Goldenpig101

Survivor
Reaction score
I still see the map on Canadian servers, We still have a chance to play it.

Dave | Rev

Platinum
Reaction score
In my opinion, yes it was annoying getting punched off the bridges, but all in all i really liked it for the reasons that people dislike it. I like the fact it was based off Breeze Island. It gave me a perspective of what it looks like differently.

So please, add this back.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry philly but your bias in this post is pretty ridiculous, Saying a map you worked on is the ideal SG map is a flawed statement as obviously you would have a high view of it, since you worked on it, also you worked on demons breeze, so its not surprising you don't want it removed but you should be constructing an argument which isnt biased before accusing the map committee of being biased itself. Your opinions are so generalized that it is completely destroying the base of your thread, and you say the map committee should decide things based on what the community wants, but this whole thread is about what you personally want. You list maps saying they aren't played even though they clearly are, for instance I see Origins played a lot and it is a big favourite in the community, and listing TSG1 as a map which is unfavoured? its a great map which many people love, I rarely hear criticism towards it. If TSG1 was removed the uproar would be much larger than this. I am not saying the map committee is free from bias as that would be impossible, but before pointing out our flaws you should rethink your argument as it is pretty hypocritical.
I'm sorry, I understand why you'd think I'd be bias towards that map. In all honestly, all I created was the DM arena and one building. The entire map was the product of Sneeze7 chockadlad and Ninjaswede9
However I still feel that map is perfect for PvP.

I had NO part in Demons Breeze at all, I'm not sure where you got that from.
These is no bias towards Demons Breeze on my part and this thread shows that the majority want it to stay. 139 votes to 49 is a fair reflection on how popular it was and I doubt maps like Fallen Empire and Destiny's Shiver could get that sort margin.

I'm not saying SG1 is a poor map as it's not. It's a beautiful map. But it is rarely voted for. Demons Breeze was far more popular than TSG1

My opinion remains. Popular and well played maps should not be taken out. Maps that are rarely played and almost hardly ever voted for should as they're just in the voting list to make up the numbers.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
The community likes both, so why can't both be on the servers? Plus, the differences between the two have already been stated, virtually making it a completely different map.
|
v
For the topic on having it re-added, there are two options:
  • Have Demon's Breeze replace Breeze Island.
  • Have an original map made based off of the idea of Demon's Breeze with the same gameplay aspects in mind be added in place of Demon's Breeze (this was the original plan and the map was half-finished, but the owner of the map left recently on a 2 year LOA, forgetting to give us the map).
These are the only compromises we as the map committee can make when it comes to this map.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
They are by no means the same map.
Yes Demons breeze was based off of Breeze Island but they offer two completely different game styles.

Popular maps should not be removed, If the community are happy why change it?

L

Lululioness

They are barely the same map, Demons is so different from Breeze. Demons was voted a lot, and people actually PLAYED it unlike maps such as Fallen Empire, SG3, TSG1 and 3 etc. It was the only map that played it's part and that you could get killed by the environment, which made the game much more fun and interesting. It gave people a challenge. I'd like to see the reasoning behind this and perhaps take a vote between Demons and Breeze and put a 'Why not both?' option. See what the community thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci