• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide OptiFine Multi-Core Chunk Loading (Nvidia guide)

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Many of you may already be aware that OptiFine's multi-core chunk loading feature has its fair share of issues, namely graphical glitches that occur when you are close to redstone contraptions or block updates. However, SixZoSeven recently told me of a way to solve this issue, so spam him with thanks after you're done reading this.

Forenote: As stated in the title, this method will only work if you are using an Nvidia graphics card in your machine.
  1. Open your Nvidia Control Panel (accessible through your taskbar or windows control panel)
  2. Go to "Manage 3D Settings"
  3. Go to the "Program Settings" tab
  4. Click on "Add" and locate javaw.exe (found in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin)
  5. Scroll down in the menu until you find "Threaded optimization" and set it to "Off"

Finished! Note that going through the same process in the "Global Settings" tab will yield the same results, but I strongly recommend that you use the method above as there are some games that are proven to work better with the setting active.

Conclusion: So what does this exactly do and how do you benefit from it? As explained in the description that appears in-game when you hover your mouse over the setting, it will allow the game to use an extra CPU core to speed up and stabilize chunk loading. I've personally seen an increase of 20-50 FPS when actively flying around loading new chunks, and while you may not get as much of a boost yourself, it will still most likely allow for a smoother experience.

Plus, you won't be seeing this:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci