• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/mute punishment

Would you like /mute to be the punishment for spammers of the chat?

• Yes, splendid idea.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No, those noobs should be banned.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • lolcats.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I think instead of banning "Cap-sers" and spammers, I think we should mute them. I've never been banned for Caps/spam, so I don't know what the exact punishment is, but I know you can get banned for it. I think it's a little unfair, that you have a ban permanately on your record just for typing in caps, I think they should be muted! I know people that don't follow the rules deserve punishment, but I don't think what they did is harsh enough to not even let them play. Just an idea, your thoughts?

- And I know this is probably a useless thing to do for most of us, since we don't break chat rules, but for the people that do, that cry once they're unbanned, it'd be for the best, for everyone.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
If we mute them, it would still promote more spam and caps once they are unbanned because they know that the worst thing that could happen is a mute. So I think kicking then banning is better since they get the message better.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
If we mute them, it would still promote more spam and caps once they are unbanned because they know that the worst thing that could happen is a mute. So I think kicking then banning is better since they get the message better.
What about a kick/ban with a mute that lasts a little while after the ban?

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I thought up that on the spot :p

I'm no staff member so my opinion on the issue doesn't weigh heavily at all.
I assume all opinions are useful in some regard. I think this idea is viable and a good alternative to our current system.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
I think if someone is /msg ing you, you should be able to mute them.
Even though its really rare for someone to spam pm you.
You can't /msg
Only thing you can do is /whisper..
If you whisper, you have to be ingame, and The person you whisper to have to be less than 10 blocks away from you

screacher90

Career
Reaction score
You can't /msg
Only thing you can do is /whisper..
If you whisper, you have to be ingame, and The person you whisper to have to be less than 10 blocks away from you
Wat i use /msg and it works?

skinnerr

Spectator
Reaction score
I think muting, kicking then banning players would be the correct way to deal with spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci