• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG practice pvp server.

Would you like to see MCSG have a practice PVP server?

• Total voters

loic1212

Diamond
Reaction score
You guys are saying that Roxbot is a whole lot different then MCSG. But if you are going to make a MCSG practice server you will also not get the same hitboxes, rubberbanding, etc. How are you going to do that?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
The hit box is completely different.
o_O
No, it isn't different...that's called lag. :p Ever tried playing in a different region than your normal one?

I get about 50 ping to the US servers, and 100+ to Roxbot when it's not lagging. (Checked with the cmd, not the Minecraft client.) I see noticeable differences in how I have to fight, etc...but that's lag. It's the same problems I have when joining a CA server here, which I also get 100+ ping to.

Depending on what you're doing on Roxbot, it could or could not be good practice. One of the arenas specifically has a lot of users in it, and when there is a lot of people online...realistically, you wouldn't get snuck up or ganged up on that often or that quickly, and that ruins a lot of more 1v1 fights that would be a bit more realistic on MCSG. When I go on roxbot, I don't do it to try to get the best k/d or to improve or anything, I just rush in stupidly to have a bit of fun, since it's too laggy (heh, 100+ ping is laggy for me. >.>) and too unpredictable...especially with things like fire swords, random speed/resistance, etc... (although I've had my fair share of attempts at getting a good streak in a life. I've only tried a few times, and once I got 20 without having that hard a time. I got impatient, though. :p)

I'd personally like to see an MCSG PvP practice server kind of thing, but I also understand why it might be quite difficult. If it wasn't set up just right, I wouldn't even bother. A lot of testing would need to be done with various ideas to see how well they work, and that would just eat up a lot of time we could be spending on working on the actual servers.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
o_O
No, it isn't different...that's called lag. :p Ever tried playing in a different region than your normal one?

I get about 50 ping to the US servers, and 100+ to Roxbot when it's not lagging. (Checked with the cmd, not the Minecraft client.) I see noticeable differences in how I have to fight, etc...but that's lag. It's the same problems I have when joining a CA server here, which I also get 100+ ping to.

Depending on what you're doing on Roxbot, it could or could not be good practice. One of the arenas specifically has a lot of users in it, and when there is a lot of people online...realistically, you wouldn't get snuck up or ganged up on that often or that quickly, and that ruins a lot of more 1v1 fights that would be a bit more realistic on MCSG. When I go on roxbot, I don't do it to try to get the best k/d or to improve or anything, I just rush in stupidly to have a bit of fun, since it's too laggy (heh, 100+ ping is laggy for me. >.>) and too unpredictable...especially with things like fire swords, random speed/resistance, etc... (although I've had my fair share of attempts at getting a good streak in a life. I've only tried a few times, and once I got 20 without having that hard a time. I got impatient, though. :p)

I'd personally like to see an MCSG PvP practice server kind of thing, but I also understand why it might be quite difficult. If it wasn't set up just right, I wouldn't even bother. A lot of testing would need to be done with various ideas to see how well they work, and that would just eat up a lot of time we could be spending on working on the actual servers.
Around 300 MS on Roxbot (With CMD, so 3 second delay) with a 6 KDR : D

G33ke

Reaction score
"I just rush in stupidly to have a bit of fun"

:p

If I wanted a good K/D to brag about, I would just do it on my alt account. lol.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I had an idea nearly identical to this a few months ago. Got G33ke to help setup a bunch of redstone/command blocks to make things work. Unfortunately, it seems as if he has dropped the project so I am currently looking for a workaround. I feel it'd be fun to kinda own/run a server separate yet still connected to MCSG. [I'd have the server open for MCSG players only]

The problem I had encountered was financial issues. (Server hosting) I did have money but since I am sixzo I get bad luck and my hard drive broke so I spent money I had saved up for things like this on a new HDD. :(

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
does anyone remember that the survival server has arenas for battling? why not just that? instead of creating a whole new set of servers that would work fine wouldn't it?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
The only thing is, it has to have the same NCP things as the survival games servers. It needs to be identical to mcsg and how the fighting is in the servers, else it would be completely pointless and no different from roxbot. It needs to run the exact same. Either that or fix the hardcore bugs in MCSG currently :p.

As far as roxbot, I actually don't get 1 single bit of lag at all, ever lol.

G33ke

Reaction score
The only thing is, it has to have the same NCP things as the survival games servers. It needs to be identical to mcsg and how the fighting is in the servers, else it would be completely pointless and no different from roxbot. It needs to run the exact same. Either that or fix the hardcore bugs in MCSG currently :p.
As far as roxbot, I actually don't get 1 single bit of lag at all, ever lol.
Are you able to check your ping to the server? I don't notice any lag at all except for "hitboxs" myself. It's not that kind of lag.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
300 MS is a little less than 1/3 of a second delay, not 3 seconds. Lol :p
Are you able to check your ping to the server? I don't notice any lag at all except for "hitboxs" myself. It's not that kind of lag.
The hitboxes on Roxbot ARE different than MCSG. It isn't just a matter of lag, but rather the fact that MCSG has deliberately decreased the range of players' hitboxes from the default amount (which is good in my opinion). Roxbot has not done so, to the best of my knowledge, resulting in incredibly different PvP, completely unrelated to lag, which makes Roxbot poor training for MCSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci