• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Premium Ranks and Legacy Ranks Revised

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,

We have taken your feedback to heart and reviewed our options as far as the recent feedback with our premium ranks going forward. Just giving you a little back story, this topic was one of the hardest items to figure out for this place as we wanted to achieve some balance over the legacy supporters and still encouraging upgrades to continue any funding this community needs to get through our development and release phases. We released ranks last Sunday and we have had some heated, yet valid debates over this topic and wanted to let you know we put some though into our ranking structure again. After a more days with additional feedback, effective immediately after 3.2.3 update for open beta I have decided to allow Disguise (Mask) to be a legacy feature adding to the unique color (Legacy Gold, Diamond, Platinum, and Quantum), 2 map votes and /fly in our hubs. With this change, I have lowered the entry to get our full disguise system to be both on Premium and Premium Plus ranks. If you were an existing Premium member, you have now access to that command. Here is the rank comparison as follows since the changes:

MCGamer Premium Ranks and Legacy Ranks Revised

FeatureDefault RankLegacy RankPremium RankPremium+ Rank
Name ColorDefault GreenLegacy Rank ColorPremium BluePremium+ Yellow
Premium Name IconNoneLegacy IconPremium IconPremium+ Icon
Total Map Votes1234
Fly in Hub⚪
(tick)
(tick)
(tick)
Silent Join⚪⚪
(tick)
(tick)
Disguise (Mask)⚪
(tick)
(tick)
(tick)
Scramble Points⚪⚪
(tick)
(tick)
Disguise (Full)⚪⚪
(tick)
(tick)
Custom Chat Colors⚪⚪⚪
(tick)
Toggle Legacy Rank*⚪⚪
(tick)
(tick)
PriceFreeNot being Sold$7.99$19.99 (Save $4)
DurationUnlimitedUnlimited30 Days90 Days
Long story short, we need rank upgrades here to survive and continue our development here to get to a full released system plus pay for the ever growing server bills supporting 3 locations. With supporting the funding on getting bugs fixed, our AC tuned and releasing new features liked our planned solo and squad Matchmaking system (oops did I just reveal that just now :eek:?). Again we hope this will be a good compromise and want to make sure everyone here understands the decisions that are made. We appreciate the continued support!

Lets talk about the new command /togglelegacy

slack-imgs.png

There has been some confusion about this new command for our Premium and Premium plus members. Knowing you all might want to show off your legacy ranks vs the colors we selected for Premium (dark blue) and Premium Plus (Yellow), we made it so you can show your original rank with a start (✪) next to your name with the color of the premium level you are subscribed to. So fear not, we already though this ahead of time and you will never lose your legacy status (even if you are not subscribed). Again the commands ingame are the following: /legacy or /tlr or /togglelegacyrank.

Lastly, we need your support for our survival!

As always ending in the obligatory pitch, we understand things have been a bit rocky on the stating of open beta but we are actively releasing fixes as soon as we can after testing in our end. We have logged since July over 700+ total hours with upper management plus thousands of unlogged hours from our staff volunteers here and not including my time alone. That plus the 1,692 days of gameplay in Closed Alpha and 349 days of gameplay in Open Beta from our members testing in-game... We are all here for 1 reason, lets get this community back to it's prime! Thank you for hopefully reading everything and understanding our situation. Upgrade today and we appreciate the support.

Last edited:

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Will legacy rank users have the mcsg maker/clan battle lobbies perk ?

blackLife

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi there! I have a request regarding the legacy rank, can you please check your messages ChadTheDJ? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm glad that MCGamer is back. I have one qustion about previous ranks... Before MCGamer went down I had VIP/ Map maker rank, can I get it back somehow? :rolleyes:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm glad that MCGamer is back. I have one qustion about previous ranks... Before MCGamer went down I had VIP/ Map maker rank, can I get it back somehow? :rolleyes:
The map maker rank has been removed (to my knowledge) and an overwhelming majority of VIPs were not given their ranks back upon the reopening of the server, so it is unlikely you will receive your rank back. If it's any consolation, I wasn't given my VIP back after two years of staff/senior staff work so I get how you feel

MoodyFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
SO if i had donor diamond in the past I get something now?

ThatDevAaron

Software Developer & Web Developer
Reaction score
Sorry for being late, I want to support you, I really do, but understand it from my standpoint, I don't play minecraft much, a 30 day rank will be used by me for 3 days out of the 30 days, if you are open to privately sell me a rank that lasts lifetime or at least a year I would be grateful.

You can also implement adsense on forums and in-game ads from companies.

- Aaron / Shprqness

Zerwen

Quantum
Reaction score
Sorry for being late, I want to support you, I really do, but understand it from my standpoint, I don't play minecraft much, a 30 day rank will be used by me for 3 days out of the 30 days, if you are open to privately sell me a rank that lasts lifetime or at least a year I would be grateful.

You can also implement adsense on forums and in-game ads from companies.

- Aaron / Shprqness
Server is shutting down, you’re late

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci