• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Ban Tables Made PUBLIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I never saw this coming. This is a really good idea. Great job guys!

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Now we can finally call out bs decisions made by staff1!!1!!11!!!1

OMG UHC ESSENTIALS IS BANNABLE WHAT IS LIFE WE'RE HAVING DEBATES ON THIS

Aw i'm happy for you guys, one less thing to worry about, what with people threatening to leak the tables and such :p
and with ppl actually leaking the tables ;)

Last edited:

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
EDIT: Just as a forewarning, this is a really long reply, so if you don't like to read a lot, there is a TL;DR at the bottom.

I have some mixed feelings about this. Most of my feelings are good but there's just a couple things that bug me about this - actually, there's one.

To start, I do love the idea that we are letting non-staff members see how long the protocol length for the punishment is. It's a great idea because now that members are informed of the appropriate punishment length, it will assure all users equal punishment, not that unfair punishment lengths was a ever a big problem.

I also like to think that this will increase the amount of accepted Report Abuses, seeing as how members will now know what is accepted as enough evidence to submit reports successfully (ex: abuse being more than saying "you're dumb"). It's very nice to know that non-staff members will have knowledge of what we deem abuse, rather than spam, flooding chat, etc. (Those aren't the best examples, but you get my point)

Releasing the ban guide to the whole community will also create less of a gap between staff and non-staff, which is always good. In a sense, it allows non-staff to kind of get a glimpse of what is going on behind the scenes. Transparency between the non-staff and staff is a necessity, in my eyes, and this is certainly helping.

Now, there is something that MCGamerzism | Gizm said, regarding moderator applications.

So, to that I answer that yes, it will be easier for people to respond to scenarios such as that, however, I'm not too sure that being able to answer those scenarios make or break your application, as most applicants don't have moderation experience at MCGamer, so they are going with what they would believe to be best. There are more important qualities that are looked at, not just the scenarios. I'm sure you thought of everything I mentioned; you're a pretty smart guy. c:

Now, there's the only thing I don't like about it being released to the public. Frankly, I just don't like the feeling. I can't explain it too much; it's just one of those feelings that you get but can't understand why you feel that way. I guess something about the whole idea that non-staff members have access to something that has always been confidential and has been protected with strict punishments to those who release it. It's just a weird feeling, nothing too important.

Anyways, that's my feeling on the subject. Overall, I think it's a good idea that will just take a bit of time to get used to. This honestly came out of nowhere for most members of the community, even for moderators, so it will take a small amount of time to adjust.

TL;DR: I like the fact that equal punishments will be given, I like the chance that the amount of successful Report Abuses will rise, and that there is more staff-non-staff transparency. I don't really like that it was released after being confidential for so long, but I will get used to that.
They should just raise their standards for moderator given this huge advantage. Possibly raising minimum age, and/or requiring more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci