• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Large downtime planned for all servers starting Oct 25th

sabshupe101

Career
Reaction score

Eaglesfan97

Tribute
Reaction score
Just curious, what thinsg will these updates bring? Or is it confidential? :eek:

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just curious, what thinsg will these updates bring? Or is it confidential? :eek:
It's only gonna bring you down tonight. When your locked up in my blue...

Don;t mind me, I like to reference what people say into a song I find on the interweb. :D

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yesterday I started playing teamfortress, so this is fi... Arent this the 17th?
Edit: It was the 25! Not 15! YEY! WHY? Yes, why is this downtime?
Edit: I am bored by now... And it is like 8 days until!

NSeth99

Tribute
Reaction score
On October 25th, we will be having a large maintenance period where some some servers will be down for most of the day. The website will be down as well but we hope that will only last for about an hour. We will be up completely on the 26th ready for the weekend rush. More warnings will be posted as the date comes closer!
But Chad that's my birthday noooooo please :(

iheartbellatrix

Spectator
Reaction score
Most people I know don't like waiting through a server to death-match since it takes so long for the players to find each other. I'd like to suggest that if there isn't a kill after ten minutes or so, something spawns like a few mobs near a player like the Gamemakers would in the Hunger Games book series. Another thing would be to teleport two players together that are far away from each other, perhaps in a certain area that isn't adjacent to the other tributes, so they would be forced to fight each other. Again, this is like the book series, when they pushed tributes closer together to each other using obstacles, fire, etc.

Another suggestion I have would be to shorten the lobby time. Some people just want a short match to kill the time, etc. If this doesn't work, you could also allow players to vote to skip right to the setting up of the game. If more than half of the server votes, it would send you straight to the map and put everyone on their pedestals immediately.

Lastly, I would probably fix the sprint-before-countdown glitch. If you didn't know, at about two or one second left before the games begin, people can sprint towards the cornucopia and it won't push them back. I have to admit, I do this every so often, but it can give an unfair advantage to people who don't know about it, are new to MCSG, etc.

That's all that I have, and I hope it's good enough :)

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The update is for the servers including the MCSG website too right?

MindSpark289

Spectator
Reaction score
I quite like the gamemaker idea. Perhaps though it spawns like 5 or so zombies that if u kill them all u get an iron sword or something... Just so people dont run and make the zombies kill someone else. And maybe you could add a sponsoring system like you can earn money alongside points from kills and wins. Then use this money to purchase items to sponsor to a dead teammate or something. Or you could use ir for evil...

NSeth99

Tribute
Reaction score
But... The 25th is my birthday, and I was looking forward to playing some MCSG! D:

Nah, I'm just joking, (kinda, the 25th is actually my birthday.) I don't really mind much, I've got plenty of other things I will be doing on that day anyway, so that's probably a good date for me anyway. :p
SAME HERE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci