• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If we could track more items in-game, what items would you like to see for MCSG?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,

Figured I would break the ice on topics here for MCSG discussions. As you can tell, we are slowly getting things back online and celebrating the reopening of our website/forums! One of the next items we will start to tackle is player stats and leaderboards. With this, we have an unique opportunity to redesign our leaderboards and player statistics. We also are making sure we build enough of a back-end to track even more which is why I recently posted on my twitter here getting some more ideas from you all:

So anyways, love to start the conversation here to record some ideas what you all want to see with our new revamped LB and player stats!

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd love to see more personalized stats. For example,
  • Average lifespan
  • Alongside of k/d I'd like to see kills per round (kpr). Gives a better sense of how many kills you average per round, because your wins won't impact the result. (It matters for people with a large amount of wins)
  • Average damage per round. i.e. do you cleanup, or take fights?
  • Average damage done to each player you kill (alongside the above stat)
  • Players damaged per round
  • Farthest bow shot
Some of the more silly ones that would be cool to see:
  • A 'rival'. i.e. the person who has killed you the most
  • Most played map
  • Most visited chests (on each map)
  • Place I die the most (on each map)
  • A heatmap of where I go the most (on each map)
At the end of the month, or every 3 months, some other statistics that would be cool to see would be:
  • Most deadly area (on each map), excluding corn
  • Most, least played maps
  • Most common route (on each map)

mfungamer

Career
Reaction score
I will just throw in what i came up with and would consider cool or interesting to know (and which Pixelatorx2 didnt already mention). I might edit this and add more points later.
  • Time spent burning
  • Blocks traveled
  • Arrows collected in relation to arrows shot
  • Hearts healed.
  • Breads (or any other food) consumed
  • Fall damage taken
  • Characters send (in messages) or just messages overall
  • Longest win streak
  • Heatmap of your activity (daytime wise)

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan of what Pixelator and mfun have posted.

One main thing I think would be pretty neat is some sort of public-facing API (or at least an API that users could request access to via some sort of token authorization) for the lower-level data that would be used to calculate the stats in their posts.

I'd imagine to gather the points stated above, there'd be some sort of in-game "event" based logging system which would log attacks, movements, etc. With each entry, there'd be event-specific data points such as items used, players involved, etc., as well as more general data such as timestamp, ending timestamp. etc.

Opening up these data points to the public (or approved public, perhaps) could potentially spark up some pretty cool community applications.

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
1. /stats should be more organised (wins next to games played, kills next to kd etc)
2. Add the leaderboard rank and points back to /stats
3. Add max kills which we can already see in /debug
4. Add ratio (eg. for 23 wins / 74 games played would be 31%)
5. Scrambled stats for disguised players

I'll edit this comment if I come up with more suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci