• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SKYWARS Icebound - Skywars Map

Would you like to see this map on MCGamer?

• Yes!

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • No!

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
ice is a horrible environment for pvp, just saying

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So Levi and Chris, I love you guys dearly, and as appealing as the map looks in the screenshots, it would be really helpful to see the same screenshots without a resource pack and without shaders, as this is how most people in minecraft play the game. Another thing, is the map made mostly out of Ice, or is it supposed to look like ice? I know the name is Icebound, but I just want clarification. If most of it is made entirely out of ice, I'm sorry but I think that will actually be pretty *insert disease here*. You would barely be able to PvP, strafe correctly, etc. in the middle. I can understand it being mainly ice on the spawn points, but I think having Ice in the middle will make it very hard to PvP others, as they will just be slipping and it will be extremely hard to strafe. Also, you would be surprised how many people would just slip. A suggestion I would make is to make the main island primarily snow, with bits of Ice here and there, rather than the whole thing being ice, as right now it seems to be the opposite (lot's of ice barely any snow.)

Just know this is all pure criticism and suggestions with no bad intentions, it's great to see you guys taking it upon yourself to make a new Skywars Map. Also just reiterating, would love to see some screenshots without shaders and without a resource pack.

Other than all that, good job :)

ice is a horrible environment for pvp, just saying
EDIT: This is a TL;DR to my post ^

Reaction score
So Levi and Chris, I love you guys dearly, and as appealing as the map looks in the screenshots, it would be really helpful to see the same screenshots without a resource pack and without shaders, as this is how most people in minecraft play the game. Another thing, is the map made mostly out of Ice, or is it supposed to look like ice? I know the name is Icebound, but I just want clarification. If most of it is made entirely out of ice, I'm sorry but I think that will actually be pretty *insert disease here*. You would barely be able to PvP, strafe correctly, etc. in the middle. I can understand it being mainly ice on the spawn points, but I think having Ice in the middle will make it very hard to PvP others, as they will just be slipping and it will be extremely hard to strafe. Also, you would be surprised how many people would just slip. A suggestion I would make is to make the main island primarily snow, with bits of Ice here and there, rather than the whole thing being ice, as right now it seems to be the opposite (lot's of ice barely any snow.)

Just know this is all pure criticism and suggestions with no bad intentions, it's great to see you guys taking it upon yourself to make a new Skywars Map. Also just reiterating, would love to see some screenshots without shaders and without a resource pack.

Other than all that, good job :)

EDIT: This is a TL;DR to my post ^
Thank you for this suggestion, we've been thinking about adding more snow in because of a couple posts about it, so most likely we'll be doing that. Also, I believe we can manage to add screenshots without shaders, I'll do that soon! Thanks again! :)

EDIT: Added screenshots without shaders, will add more snow soon.

Last edited:

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
Changes Made:
  • Added a 20 percent snow ratio to the ice
There is quite a bit more snow added to all of the map. This should help with a lot of the issues causes by ice when being in a fight (pvp).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci