• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I just wonder...

Qzop

Tribute
Reaction score
Ever wanted to be a moderator so badly on a server but you just don't think you could get it? That's me with MCSG right now. I haven't applied yet but I just feel like I would get declined easily even with the best application I could write. Any ideas for how to get involved with the community even more than just forums and teamspeak? I really want to get moderator and I am striving really hard to. Just say any advice when you reply for getting more involved on MCSG. Thanks!

PumpSkine

Tribute
Reaction score
Well a good way to start is to participate in community events on teamspeak such as the Q&A, OMN (open mic night) and official cleansweep. Be active on the forums (reporting cheaters, trolls, etc with sufficient evidence of course) and I would recommend spending minimum a day working on your app, all the time people rush their apps and don't take the time to check your answers and double, triple and quadruple check them. So what I'm saying is participate regularly in the community events and just be as active as possible on the forums, you do that and you should be fine :)

Reaction score
Hey there!
Here are some tips that helped me become a moderator:

• Participated in events such as Community Games & CleanSweeps
  • Made sure to follow all MCGamer rules
  • Worked on my final application for over a month
  • Made sure my application had complete sentences & sensible answers
  • Reported a lot of abusive players
  • Helped moderators moderate (Mini-Modding FTW)
These tips won't guarantee you get moderator but it definitely helped me. I wish you the best of luck when & if you apply :)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's what you should do. Just apply and try your hardest, you have to start somewhere. Let's say you get denied, and they give you a reason, just take that reason and work hard at being better at it or just working on it, and Sr. Mods+ will notice... I promise!

Hey there!
Here are some tips that helped me become a moderator:

• Participated in events such as Community Games & CleanSweeps
  • Made sure to follow all MCGamer rules
  • Worked on my final application for over a month
  • Made sure my application had complete sentences & sensible answers
  • Reported a lot of abusive players
  • Helped moderators moderate (Mini-Modding FTW)
These tips won't guarantee you get moderator but it definitely helped me. I wish you the best of luck when & if you apply :)
^Also This^

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
First off, you have a very low post count on the forums- boost that up to show your experience! :)

There aren't really many ways to help improve your chances. For me, I tried my best to interact with Staff and learn their roles and jobs, I tried my best to help the community out. For instance; Answering peoples questions on the forums/ingame/TeamSpeak, post an abundance of reports etc.

I think there isn't much left to suggest, except never give up, I posted 12 applications and had 4 interviews before I got Moderator. It doesn't matter if you declined the first time! :)

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
First off, you have a very low post count on the forums- boost that up to show your experience! :)

There aren't really many ways to help improve your chances. For me, I tried my best to interact with Staff and learn their roles and jobs, I tried my best to help the community out. For instance; Answering peoples questions on the forums/ingame/TeamSpeak, post an abundance of reports etc.

I think there isn't much left to suggest, except never give up, I posted 12 applications and had 4 interviews before I got Moderator. It doesn't matter if you declined the first time! :)
Damn 12 applications? What is the most that a mod has ever posted xD

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Damn 12 applications? What is the most that a mod has ever posted xD
Edog had 14 I think.

Be very active on the forums and participate in clean sweeps as well as getting to know the community on ts. I am on my 3rd application and my first try at an interview. Just keep trying, persistence is admirable.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Well I've never applied so I can't give you much help on that... I would just say but detailed and clear and make sure all your grammar is right c:

In terms of becoming more involved in the community, I would say you can get involoved in different events that take place, such as gamemode spotlights/ community games. Also, go to things on teamspeak such as open mic night and trivia night. It also really helps if you attend cleansweeps and post report abuses to show you want to help regardless of a rank c:

Don't be afraid of being denied, many of the current mods had to apply more than once before they were accepted. Just try and post more and be active but also be friendly :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci