• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I am disappointed...

Are you disappointed?

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I didn't read this thread

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Chad is growing up, guys. I don't really blame him for not having the energy to run MCGamer anymore. He can't keep doing this forever.

But also, that doesn't give him a free pass to just vanish.

To those saying this is just a dark period and that things will get better: It won't, this is the end and we know this. Any halfway decent developer would have this server back up and running by now - this shut down was intentional and final. The signs are all there.

Chad used to be a great friend of mine, back when he was active (Over a year and a half ago, around the time I resigned was when he began to fade from the community) he was a top dude you could have a good chat to - but as nice as he is, he's dreadfully naive. His failure to innovate and keep with the times and trends of Minecraft caused the end. And you can't expect good things to come from a place you put little personal effort into. I tell you, if he spent a few hours a week at least (or perhaps a day a week) communicating, writing posts and more.. this place would still be alive. At the end of the day, he is the only one to blame.

When I was a senior mod, I had to text Chad every single day when I woke up bugging him for one on one meetings when something was going on. He'd 'forget' to pay people who WORKED here. As far as I know, he *still* owes money to some people. That says a lot. He forced us to rush the last Hunger Games movie release map then DELAYED releasing the map for months! After forcing us to go sleepless nights in order to make the stupid deadline that not even he himself could make!

Chad made a lot of promises he couldn't keep. And he made a lot of bad decisions.

Did you know he gave me this huge promising spiel about how Mockingjay would be released with a big youtuber stream event and competition and stuff? Instead it was released silently months after the hype had died down.

And don't even get me started on the poor winners of the Quarter Quell map contest. Those were beautiful maps, guys. I loved judging them and they deserved to be seen by the server - I'm sorry Chad screwed you over. Please repurpose those maps and submit them to other networks that deserve them more than MCGamer ever did.

And everyone is right to feel upset or disappointed. Everyone who is saying 'this is the end' is allowed to feel that way, their points and views are entirely valid. And I feel sorry for the people who made MCGamer their life. For a year of my time, I did too. Friendships and even relationships were formed here so it'll be sad to see it gone, but nothing really lasts forever.

If anyone who played on MCGamer decides that they want to run a server - go for it! If it gets popular, don't make the same mistakes Chad did. And it is easy not to.

I don't feel angry at Chad, or sad about this. I'm just really disappointed in who he is now. None of this would be happening if he communicated more. If he wants to close the server, he needs to do it properly and give it a good, honorable death.
Amen

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
Lmao ShaiPR7 why was my post deleted? I was defending myself against this comment:
You mocking Kat for trying to stay positive amongst the doom and gloom is kind of ignorant, to be honest.
I'll say what I said again then. Typical mcsg.

You mocking Kat
This is mocking?

Whilst your optimism is nice
Nice Jimmer . Next time you reply to something that is said, make sure you read the first 5 words of that which you are replying to.

Acknowledging optimism then saying it isn't worth it in the situation- the mockery indeed!

ShaiPR7

Sr Moderator | Ban Disputes Team
Reaction score
Lmao ShaiPR7 why was my post deleted? I was defending myself against this comment:

I'll say what I said again then. Typical mcsg.

This is mocking?

Nice Jimmer . Next time you reply to something that is said, make sure you read the first 5 words of that which you are replying to.

Acknowledging optimism then saying it isn't worth it in the situation- the mockery indeed!
Hm I didn't delete anything? I just saw the thread; on which page was your comment?

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
Hm I didn't delete anything? I just saw the thread; on which page was your comment?
I didn't mean to say you did it- I tagged you as I saw you online once I saw it gone.

It was on this one or the last one. I know it posted.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, lol nah:

Sit down mate. I wasn't mocking Kat. I acknowledged that being optimistic is nice. I also acknowledged that it simply won't do anything in this situation.

If you can't read 5 words in a less than 50 word post, don't bother replying next time.
Rude enough?

Bulletshield3

Experienced
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with this post. To be honest I haven't been around at all but at the time I was, I left the staff team due to corruption and I generally didn't enjoy being part of the staff team anymore. Not happy at all to see this server die but sure be grand

also hi babe Philly67 ;u;

QuantumShadowz

Spectator
Reaction score
I love MCSG and all, but it pains me that the server has been down for a week, and they haven't even updated the community. They could have at least made a thread on the "news" section or made a tweet on their twitter. However they have said literally nothing and left everyone in the dark.. There is more but I feel like it's been said one million times already... (hackers and chad's inactivity). They really need to step up their game if they want to be a successful server...

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with this post. To be honest I haven't been around at all but at the time I was, I left the staff team due to corruption and I generally didn't enjoy being part of the staff team anymore. Not happy at all to see this server die but sure be grand

also hi babe Philly67 ;u;
Hi ;_;

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Chad is growing up, guys. I don't really blame him for not having the energy to run MCGamer anymore. He can't keep doing this forever.

But also, that doesn't give him a free pass to just vanish.

To those saying this is just a dark period and that things will get better: It won't, this is the end and we know this. Any halfway decent developer would have this server back up and running by now - this shut down was intentional and final. The signs are all there.

Chad used to be a great friend of mine, back when he was active (Over a year and a half ago, around the time I resigned was when he began to fade from the community) he was a top dude you could have a good chat to - but as nice as he is, he's dreadfully naive. His failure to innovate and keep with the times and trends of Minecraft caused the end. And you can't expect good things to come from a place you put little personal effort into. I tell you, if he spent a few hours a week at least (or perhaps a day a week) communicating, writing posts and more.. this place would still be alive. At the end of the day, he is the only one to blame.

When I was a senior mod, I had to text Chad every single day when I woke up bugging him for one on one meetings when something was going on. He'd 'forget' to pay people who WORKED here. As far as I know, he *still* owes money to some people. That says a lot. He forced us to rush the last Hunger Games movie release map then DELAYED releasing the map for months! After forcing us to go sleepless nights in order to make the stupid deadline that not even he himself could make!

Chad made a lot of promises he couldn't keep. And he made a lot of bad decisions.

Did you know he gave me this huge promising spiel about how Mockingjay would be released with a big youtuber stream event and competition and stuff? Instead it was released silently months after the hype had died down.

And don't even get me started on the poor winners of the Quarter Quell map contest. Those were beautiful maps, guys. I loved judging them and they deserved to be seen by the server - I'm sorry Chad screwed you over. Please repurpose those maps and submit them to other networks that deserve them more than MCGamer ever did.

And everyone is right to feel upset or disappointed. Everyone who is saying 'this is the end' is allowed to feel that way, their points and views are entirely valid. And I feel sorry for the people who made MCGamer their life. For a year of my time, I did too. Friendships and even relationships were formed here so it'll be sad to see it gone, but nothing really lasts forever.

If anyone who played on MCGamer decides that they want to run a server - go for it! If it gets popular, don't make the same mistakes Chad did. And it is easy not to.

I don't feel angry at Chad, or sad about this. I'm just really disappointed in who he is now. None of this would be happening if he communicated more. If he wants to close the server, he needs to do it properly and give it a good, honorable death.
Rip chad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci